Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Habitat pics

LoessHillsArcher

PMA Member
I love seeing pics of the habitat work others are doing and taking pics of what we've done - let's start a thread just sharing random pics of some of the habitat work you've done. I'll start with a few...

4yr old cedar from the Ames nursery
IMG_0328_zpsf9yutpg2.jpg

IMG_0327_zps2cy77v3x.jpg

And some radishes being hammered in a Dbltree Rye Mix food plot this fall
IMG_0364_zpsybborjk9.jpg

Which area has been hinge cut and had some TSI and chain saw work done in it in the next two pictures? These were taken standing in same spot just turning 180 degrees... pretty wild!
IMG_0202_zpsd60tolkw.jpg

IMG_0204_zps1po3enf4.jpg

Last edited:
Here is a project I did the spring-summer of 2014 on a farm I hunt.

Before the work began
DSCN15471_zpsf6b197d2.jpg

First mowing
DSCN15491_zpsf81d7cb3.jpg

Summer burn down after a dose of Gly.
DSCN18531_zps532e46db.jpg

First tillage
Lehman-plotdiscup_zpsd159effb.jpg

First foodplot growth - a mix of oats/brassicas
Lehmanplotstand1_zps8049effa.jpg

Last edited:
Hey hillrunner how do you like your 84" Tayor way? I bought one over a year ago and have had nothing but problems!!

It was new this fall and I only did two small plots with it so I have not tested it much . Other than the clutch being way to loose from the factory it seemed to do ok. You do have me slightly concerned now though.. What kind of problems have you had?

slowly turning some cattle pasture into forest
Afforestation.jpg

Sumac-Afforestation.jpg

Afforestation.jpg

I like suckering shrubs and trees, as they help create habitat the fastest, the deer like them also.
quaking aspen
Deer-Rub-Season.jpg

black locusts
Hit-Again.jpg

Toothpick-Tree.jpg

Here's a staging plot I put in below my pond. Over the switch grass is a gravel road 1/4 mile away. Edge screening along the timber makes even the bucks comfortable to come up before dark. The colder it is the older the bucks are. Lots of usage on this small plot.As dark approaches they work north to the right and come through a gate opening.
picture.php

Which area has been hinge cut and had some TSI and chain saw work done in it in the next two pictures? These were taken standing in same spot just turning 180 degrees... pretty wild!

Encouraging to see before and after like this. I just started my first TSI and honestly it seems like it goes against common sense to cut down trees to make habitat. I can't wait to see my results down the road

Top Bottom