Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Iowa resident wanting to nowhunt Illinois

iowabucks

Iowa resident wanting to bowhunt Illinois

Can anyone give me a bit of info here?

I'm an Iowa resident that lives on the Mississippi River. I have the chance to bowhunt a couple farms just across the river from me, 5 miles away at the most. I usually drive at least a half hour to get to my regular farms.

I know it will cost me $410 for the non resident any sex bow tag.

Are those tags county specific?, Last info I saw made me think they weren't. Just want to make sure.

An old 2000 Illinois brochure I had said if non residents have a tag, they didn't need to buy a license. I'm sure that's changed, but not positive. Anyone know that one? The license would be the cheap part of this deal.

Can the non resident tag be purchased now? Or after what date?

Thanks. Jerry.

Last edited:
You must purchase the OTC tag in person at a retail location. You cannot buy them over the phone or internet. I purchased my tag last year around Oct 30th and they had about 17,000 left.

I am a Maryland resident but a property owner in IL , I mail my permits in , Gun in June you have 30 days to mail in your permit June 1st to the 30th as a non resident as well. I also have few guys that hunt with me they do there NO- resident Archery on Line when available and they mail the tags directly to the house. I do know once the season start you can only purchase over the counter and I believe they limit doe tags over the counter to I believe 1 additional tag .. Hope this helps

I hunt Illinois as a non resident bow hunter. The tags are statewide and my tags cost $474 with kill tag, hunting license, and habitat stamp

Top Bottom