Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Tactacam

kelcher

Anyone have tactacam footage they would like to share? I have found some links on this site and on youtube, but I would like to see more hunting and fishing examples to help make a decision. Thanks.

I Have tons of examples here on my computer in the shop. I've been using tactacam on my own bows for several years and we sell a lot of them. Not planning on posting videos online but I would be glad to show you if you want to stop into the shop sometime.

I highly recommend GoPro.. Amazing footage and clarity. Take a look!! My brother has lots of go pro footage on his YouTube account, Spi9. He has military footage overseas from the contour roam as well. All pheasant hunting footage are with GoPros

I have used Go Pro and really like the clarity, but that wide angle lens makes it hard to see much detail as everything looks 2-3 times farther away than they are. Planning to use a cam mostly for turkey and bow deer hunting.

If you are planning on being able to tell where an arrow hit a deer with either a Tactacam or Go-Pro, don't buy them. Anything past 20 yards is unidentifiable. But if you want something where you can film your hunt and is easily portable, either will fit the bill.

I disagree with this.. I have worn my GoPro in POV angle and have shot competition shooting out to 30 yds and can clearly make out shot placement on targets. You need to play around with settings to see what works best for you. When I shoot my bow out to 45 yds, I can see my arrow placement clearly. Some computers don't show clarity very well. My brother has his computer hooked up to a 1080p tv and everything is crisp.

I disagree with this.. I have worn my GoPro in POV angle and have shot competition shooting out to 30 yds and can clearly make out shot placement on targets. You need to play around with settings to see what works best for you. When I shoot my bow out to 45 yds, I can see my arrow placement clearly. Some computers don't show clarity very well. My brother has his computer hooked up to a 1080p tv and everything is crisp.

What mount do you use for shooting bow ?

So even with the standard wide angle camera you can adjust settings to tighten it up and bring the view "closer"? I will have to look for examples of this. . . .

I have some great deer footage with a go pro set on the "narrow"setting. Along with some wings hooting with a headmount using the same settings. Go pro would be my second choice over the tactacam. The go pro does provide a great second angle in a treestand or mounted on your bow aimed back at you to get the draw and shot.
I usually mount my go pro on a stake facing my jake decoy when turkey hunting and have got some great footage. The remote is a must along with the app for your smart phone to check the set up

What mount do you use for shooting bow ?

I typically do the headmount or mount on a camera arm... or stick.. depending on the hunt. Any footage on the GoPro is awesome, and super amazing if done in 4K! Any stabilizer mount is to "shakey and vibratey". you cant hear anything or reactions. I use the headmount for pheasant hunting. Some footage is better than others. I have a couple shots at 45+ yds where it is visible seeing the bird smashed and dropping, as a matter of fact, we have used the playback multiple times to look for downed pheasants when its a long shot or the "climb of death" kill as I call it.

Pheasant hunting is a "bare with me" kind of footage because the focus is ever changing so the camera is constantly refocusing according to terrain, animals, etc. but when deer hunting, I like the GoPro for POV shots. I used it this year Late Muzzleloader to fill the freezer and made the mistake of pulling the shot to quickly before my gopro would be able to focus. It happens, esp on a sundown shot where the gopro needs a microsecond more than I allowed for focusing. You live and you learn. Lots of good cameras out there.

I prefer the GoPro brand, and I possibly foresee a drop in GoPro prices... GoPro has lost sales this past year. They claim they didn't get the stocking stuffer gifts they thought they would (you think? at $300? No way?! HA!) Just shop around, see whats best. The Tactacam reminds me of the Contour Roam, which lots of military guys use as helmet cams. They are all great cameras, I however like the customer service of gopro and quality of picture produced by it. However, that would not shy me away from looking into a Tactacam if I was given it as a gift. Shop, read reviews, and take the plunge! You will find out what works best for you for sure!!

Tactacam for me for several reasons
- cheaper than a go-pro - expecially when you figure in costs of bow mounts and adaptors for a go-pro that are included with the tactacam
- easy to mount on a bow - just screw into stabilizer bushing
- ONE button - thats all it takes to run and start it - super simple and easy
- Less fisheye view - 30 yd shots are very visible on the Tactacam
- Black or Camo Options - doesn't even look like a camera and blends in seamlessly with the bow
- New ones even include the MicroSD card - no added expense of getting a good memory card to go with it

What are you selling them for Boyd, and how big are the SD cards they are coming with???

I have a Go Pro that just collects dust after I took some footage within 20yds and couldn't even tell how many points the buck had. Good footage, but too much fisheye for my liking

What are you selling them for Boyd, and how big are the SD cards they are coming with???

I have a Go Pro that just collects dust after I took some footage within 20yds and couldn't even tell how many points the buck had. Good footage, but too much fisheye for my liking

PM Sent .

Top Bottom