Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Kisser buttons

Lucky13

Many years ago we always used a kisser button on our strings...I never thought anything about it...now over the past couple years I have gotten away from it but am considering getting one installed...I'm curious if any of you guys use one? I am battling target panic right now and am desperate to try anything that may help

I use one. I just like have an extra anchor point, especially when things happen fast. I am not worried about it slowing the bow down a little.

I use one and really like it. I enjoy having that extra anchor point just to confirm you are where you should be.

For many years I shot without a peep sight, and my constant for the anchor point was a kisser button. Several years ago when I started using a peep, I decided to keep the kisser button just as a final point of feedback. I have it set so it hits right in the corner of my mouth and the peep set accordingly. I love it, and wouldn't want to shoot without it, but I know many do. Good luck!!

NWBuck

I use a kisser as well. It just give you another anchor point which helps consistency. Between the kisser, centering the sight housing in your peep and a level you should be very consistent.

I swear I saw this question on facebook last night.. Either it's a big coincidence, or we may be friends on fb and not even know it.. haha

I used one for many years. Even kept it when I started using the AI anchor sight and ditched my peep. I have since stopped using it because it wasn't served in and would come off. Have thought of going back but like having nothing on my string.

I don't use an actual kisser button but instead a small knot tied with d-loop material and served above and below. Same principle without the actual big round button

I also can get into target panic swings at time. The best that helps me settle down is every once in a while, I pull pack and keep my finger behind the trigger and just settle my pin on the bullseye as long as I can and then when I start to feel like Im going to get tired, I very slowly creep my finger over the trigger while maintaining my sightpin alignment and squeeze. May not work for you, but is about the only thing I can do to keep from just punching the trigger as soon as my pin gets close to the bullseye.

I've used one for 20 years now. Tried without for a month awhile back and felt naked. My question would be what would the negatives be to using one? Helps improve accuracy and confidence...Wouldn't shoot without one.

If target panic is causing you to release prematurely before anchor then it can help to some degree but IMO the best way to help target panic is shooting a blank bale and back tension releases

Top Bottom