Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Another level...

Man those guys have a set of nuggets.

Can't wait to hear updates on this one. Good luck and hope you guys hammer them!

I am liking our chances right now, law enforcement has been provided with some quality leads and that process is working at this time.

Any update on the outcome of the trespassers, hoping things ended well for you and you were able to catch the thief's who did this.

Nothing new to report...but we still have a couple ideas. We think we know who was involved, but lack verifiable proof at this point.

Whoa. Just reading through this. Pretty crappy. Reminds a guy to have more hidden cams around. Sad u gotta deal with that. Hope u catch em!!!

A drum roll please....an arrest has been made in the caper of the stolen blinds!! :D :D

I will post more details in the coming days as things unfold, but one person is in custody now and let's just say that he didn't steal those babies by himself...if you know what I mean. :D There are surely some other dudes sweating it out right now as the investigation continues to a new level.

Surprisingly...NOT...a search warrant at his place of residence appears to have revealed many more items that were apparently ill gotten. The two blinds that were the original subject of this thread have certainly been recovered and it sure looks like there will be plenty more items getting returned to various people, perhaps including myself, that have had break-ins, etc, over the past 18 months.

I will give more details as time goes on so others can benefit with ideas on prevention, detection and so forth. But for now, with legal action pending I am not going to reveal a lot of details...I will though when things are settled. Crime does not pay!!

Great news, good to hear there is still justice in the world. I hope they hit him hard so he learns his lesson!

Last edited:
Always good news when DB get busted. I'm sure you and the other victims are elated.

Had a break in during the same time frame at my old place, Southern appanoose, but never have heard back from the authorities. Same area?

Had a break in during the same time frame at my old place, Southern appanoose, but never have heard back from the authorities. Same area?

NE Davis County and NW Van Buren County...so not next door. Our sense is that this guy, and his accomplices, operated pretty close to where they live.

Indeed great news. Really lowlife. Hope you're not disappointed when they hand down punishment.

Daver, I also heard of places broken into west of you. The DB's stole guns and other valuables and threw them into the Des Moines river near Ottumwa. I was informed the guns have been passed down for several generations, lot's of sentimental value. I'm not sure if it was the same DB's. The farmer who told me this, had his place burglarized. He thought the guys were originally from Douds, then moved to Ottumwa. It seems as though there are more and more DB's popping up everywhere. :mad:

Top Bottom