Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Iowa Landowner/Tenant Tags... SCAM?!?!?!?

WhitetailWarrior

It has been quite some time since I have been on this site but I figured you guys would like to know that there is apparently a loophole in the Iowa Landowner/Tenant tag situation...

There is a certain gentleman that is an Iowa resident, does not own land, does not farm, does not "actually" make decisions in the farming process but he does get a landowner tenant tag. He cares for a property, ie..plants food plots and hangs stands, that is owned by a NR landowner. The landowner declared him the "Farm Manager". So he now gets an extra tag.

He claims to make the important decisions on the farm as to who is farming each year and all that. When a real farm manager is in place the rent checks are written out the that farm management agency not the landowner.

Do you guys think this is fair? Do you have a landowner that will assign you as the Farm Manager for and extra $500 so you can harvest an extra buck?

Personally I do not get a landowner tenant tag but I think this is a little fishy. What are your thoughts?

Without more info it is hard to say for sure...but it sounds like the guy may fit the bill as a tenant. If so, it would be legal to get that tag based upon my understanding.

Unless it actually affects you why worry about it. We have some nr landowner neighbors that claim residency in iowa so they get tags every year . And don't get me started how much the party hunting gets abused.

Then do something about it chipterp. Not that hard to speak up consistently to the right people. It does directly effect me btw...

Daver... So if I lease a property for hunting I am entitled to a landowner tenant tag? Because that is all that is being done here.

Then do something about it chipterp. Not that hard to speak up consistently to the right people. It does directly effect me btw...

Daver... So if I lease a property for hunting I am entitled to a landowner tenant tag? Because that is all that is being done here.

So you are telling me if I get on the band wagon with the other local guys and pay my fee of 500$ to hunt this lease I can get a tenant tag along with them?

But I am guessing since the lease in owned by a county politic it wouldn't go well and we would get caught!

I am telling you that if you sweet talk them enough you don't even have to pay the $500... You lease land from a landowner that does not hunt and tell him that you want to be declared the farm manager so you can get the tenant tag.... And bam... You can kill 3 bucks...

His two tags.. His "landowner tag", and then his 5 year old kid shares his shotgun tag with him...

Last edited by a moderator:
OK... so obviously at least some of you know (or care) exactly who you're talking about. If you think the DNR doesn't know, tell them. If they do know & what is happening is within what they consider "legal", take a chill pill (or a martini). Nothing you can do about, it so don't get an ulcer fretting over it. It's obviously stretching the rules, but one way or another don't we all do that in some way, shape or form?

Chip, how do your NR neighbors claim residency. That hole has been tightened a good bit. Easy to check having two licenses, paying tax, etc in another state.

The fella in question was a member on here at one time. Maybe he can answer your questions. I'm sure as much as he posts and advertises if he was breaking the law it would have been caught onto by now.

I removed the identity of the subject in an earlier reply. Feel free to post a question for discussion and to report illegal activity to the DNR. Identifying the subject that you are complaining about and repeating the complaint in 3 of the first 6 replies gives the appearance of a desire to attack his character without an investigation. I'm sure that is not the intent so I'm sure everyone will understand.;)

I would turn them in. Sounds like a dishonest move to me per the rules. Plenty of cheating going on with lot tags already.

The fact you only have to own 2.5 acres to get a LO tag is a little crazy IMO but I think we have bigger issues than an actual resident killing 3 bucks....

Unless it actually affects you why worry about it. We have some nr landowner neighbors that claim residency in iowa so they get tags every year . And don't get me started how much the party hunting gets abused.
Obviously someone is jealous of someone else. Party hunting is abused like crazy and we all know someone who claims residency while walking a fine line.

It has been quite some time since I have been on this site but I figured you guys would like to know that there is apparently a loophole in the Iowa Landowner/Tenant tag situation... There is a certain gentleman that is an Iowa resident, does not own land, does not farm, does not "actually" make decisions in the farming process but he does get a landowner tenant tag. He cares for a property, ie..plants food plots and hangs stands, that is owned by a NR landowner. The landowner declared him the "Farm Manager". So he now gets an extra tag. He claims to make the important decisions on the farm as to who is farming each year and all that. When a real farm manager is in place the rent checks are written out the that farm management agency not the landowner. Do you guys think this is fair? Do you have a landowner that will assign you as the Farm Manager for and extra $500 so you can harvest an extra buck? Personally I do not get a landowner tenant tag but I think this is a little fishy. What are your thoughts?

If you have a problem with a member on this site why not talk to them first?

Top Bottom