Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Daughter's First Turkey

My 10 year old daughter was able to harvest her first turkey yesterday (with a bow). It was an an amazing experience for her, and for me. Both of my 2 daughters were in the blind with me which made it even more special. To make things even better, we had just got settled in to the blind, called one time, heard a gobble close, and within 5 minutes there he was at 7 yards in full strut. I also got it captured on my gopro action cam. I'm not sure how to post video, so here is the link if you'd like to view. Definitely a memory we will all cherish for a long time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lSYBI1fosc

Having two young daughters of my own, that video really makes me smile! Congrats. I have a feeling there aren't many 10 yr old girls who know where to aim with a bow to kill a turkey from that angle. Haha!

Having two young daughters of my own, that video really makes me smile! Congrats. I have a feeling there aren't many 10 yr old girls who know where to aim with a bow to kill a turkey from that angle. Haha!

Every night this week I would show turkey image pictures from google and I would quiz her on shot placement. This particular angle is easy to pick a spot:)

Top Bottom