Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Updates

zattack10

Anybody have an update on the turkey season down at shimek state forest? Many birds been harvested, seen, heard, etc. trying to find a late season spot on public that hasnt been wrecked to hard.

Last edited:
Anybody have an update on the turkey season down at shimenek state forest? Many birds been harvested, seen, heard, etc. trying to find a late season spot on public that hasnt been wrecked to hard.

With the mushrooms being up, there is no public spot in IA that hadn't been walked through. This is the reason I don't hunt turkeys on public. I've called in more hunters than birds.

Can't speak for that place, but I think woodland habitat gets hit less by hunters than mixed ag and woods. Seems most guys want to set up in an opening for Turkeys. Most weekdays you can have the places all to yourselves if you have vacation days to burn.

I do and that was the plan...take a few on some calm days and run and gun a little through the timber. Ive already ran into numerous mushroom hunters on smaller public parcels. Once he shut up a turkey i had gobbling, and came by and said "thought I heard a turkey gobble". Lol thanks guy! Im interested in shiminek because its large and maybe less density of shroom hunters. Cant kill one from the house though.

Top Bottom