Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Number of Pics

Hey guys, just wondering how many pics you get on one set of batteries and if you pay any attention to what the manufacturer claims for # of pics on one set of batteries when choosing a camera. Was looking at a couple online the other day and saw one stated around 17,000 on 8 AA batteries, and another said 40,000 on 6 C batteries. Thinking my cameras (Primos) have got anywhere from 5-10,000 to upwards of 20,000 pics on a set of 4 D batteries. This is anywhere from 2-4 weeks and usually batteries are dead or very low.

AA batteries all the way. That being said it is a huge difference between brands. My brownings are lucky to last a few weeks. My Cuddeback E2s go months on end.

My coverts lasted July through December on 8 AA's, but my old stealth cams ate batteries monthly it seemed like. Last season I got around 15k pics on one set of regular copper tops in my covert; I'm sure they can take more than that though.

I tried rechargeable batteries years back and they were terrible. With a full charge I was lucky to get 3 weeks.

Energizer Lithiums, 10,000's of pics

I agree and have a couple cameras that I never take down using the AA lithiums. They'll go about 20 months or more in the Bushnell Trophy Cam, got close to 10,000 pics on the one camera.

I agree and have a couple cameras that I never take down using the AA lithiums. They'll go about 20 months or more in the Bushnell Trophy Cam, got close to 10,000 pics on the one camera.

I couldnt agree more. Energizer ultimate lithium AAs are all I use anymore

AA, all the way. I run Moultrie cameras that operate on 8-AA batteries. Lithium are really nice but when you can pick up 100 Duracell AAs on Amazon for around $30, that's hard to beat. I don't know exact picture counts but I usually use two sets of batteries per year per camera, at most, and I run many of those year round.

Top Bottom