Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Mobile tree stand setups

isu22andy

Been throwing around the idea last few years of when my old stands start falling apart to strictly become a mobile pack in pack out style hunter . I have done it a few times with my setup an XOP silver series and sticks and usually can be under a tree in 10 minutes . What do you guys use for a setup ?
image.jpg

image.jpg

Lone Wolf Alpha with 4 Lone Wolf sticks carriwd on a Badlands 2200. 90% of my hunts are pack in/out.

Sweet paint job on the stand. It's funny because I was actually looking at the MOLLE straps and waist belt on Amazon yesterday for my Lone Wolf Alpha. How do they work attached to the XOP? My current setup I strap all my hunting gear and 4 sticks to my stand and it kills my shoulders with the little Lone Wolf straps.

I do only hang and hunt setups, since I hunt primarily public ground. I can have my stand setup pretty quick generally (probably 10 minutes or less), but to be stealthily quiet it takes longer.

Sweet paint job on the stand. It's funny because I was actually looking at the MOLLE straps and waist belt on Amazon yesterday for my Lone Wolf Alpha. How do they work attached to the XOP? My current setup I strap all my hunting gear and 4 sticks to my stand and it kills my shoulders with the little Lone Wolf straps.

I do only hang and hunt setups, since I hunt primarily public ground. I can have my stand setup pretty quick generally (probably 10 minutes or less), but to be stealthily quiet it takes longer.

I have a Badlands 2200 and I love it. Most of mine are hang and hunts and the pack is fantastic!

Sweet paint job on the stand. It's funny because I was actually looking at the MOLLE straps and waist belt on Amazon yesterday for my Lone Wolf Alpha. How do they work attached to the XOP? My current setup I strap all my hunting gear and 4 sticks to my stand and it kills my shoulders with the little Lone Wolf straps. I do only hang and hunt setups, since I hunt primarily public ground. I can have my stand setup pretty quick generally (probably 10 minutes or less), but to be stealthily quiet it takes longer.

Miller straps aren't bad at all to attach . I just used the straps that came with it . The kidney belt is the game changer of the set up . I can show you for youd like . I also wrapped the front in Paracord so the seat and platform don't clank while walking and wrapped the sticks in hockey tape for noise deadening .

Nice setup. I like the pain job also. I am cutting down on the number of stands that I am keeping around, down to three. One Lone Wold and two innovative leveler stands. am thinking of using one of the levelers to put in a spot that I want permanently setup for the season and the other two to mobile with. I hoping can get the leveler to where it I can use it fairly quietly so I can get into some nasty trees.

Do you all find the hang on stand with steps easier then a climber stand? I use a climber for hang and hunt but in the dark of morning find it challenging at times to find an ideal sized tree in the right spot to climb. I usually wind up choosing an inferior tree and end up dripping wet with sweat sitting at an uncomfortable angle.

Do you all find the hang on stand with steps easier then a climber stand? I use a climber for hang and hunt but in the dark of morning find it challenging at times to find an ideal sized tree in the right spot to climb. I usually wind up choosing an inferior tree and end up dripping wet with sweat sitting at an uncomfortable angle.

Lots of times the trees I hunt are ones I scout while on the way to my other stands . You'll learn quick that smaller diameter trees are easier to climb . Never used a climber but most everyone I've talked to has talked me out of trying one

I converted all my lw \ xop stands to the molle system this past year. Works much better than my badlands 2200. The only thing I do different is keep all my straps in a small bag that nestles next to sticks. I also use a blind hog gear hog pack on the other side of sticks. I love that little pack for organizing everything. My insulated pants roll up next to my strap bag and my pullover hood just goes over the sticks for hauling in.

Good info here. I was looking into getting an external frame pack to strap all my gear to, but essentially I could just as easily attach the stuff to my lone wolf and save a bunch of coin. Sounds like the MOLLE system is the way to go.

I also take off all my straps when stacking and hauling the sticks and throw em in my back pack . It's enough of a hassle in the dark stacking them - I tie them with gear ties and strap them
To my stand with my back pack and HBS with adjustable bungee straps .

image.jpg

ASAT XOP

For those wondering how they attach ... This is the kidney belt and the backpack straps go the same way . Obviously need to do some strap trimming here . Can also see my paracord wrap, the little wrap in the middle is for the bolt that adjust the seat platform, occasionally that would also hit there and make noise.
image.jpg

I don't know if anyone mentioned it but the Molle systems can be had pretty cheap on ebay. I put one minus the hip belt on the LW climber I bought from Liv. I use a medium size fanny pack and it works great. Personally, even with other gear bungeed to the stand I don't feel that it's heavy enough to need the hip belt. Think the molle shoulder straps with sternum strap was 18 bucks shipped to my door.

So this is a dumb question but it's something I've been thinking about cuz I'm planning on doing this on public this year. So when you get to the tree and hang your stand what do you do with the frame/ straps of the Molle system. Leave it attached to the stand?

So this is a dumb question but it's something I've been thinking about cuz I'm planning on doing this on public this year. So when you get to the tree and hang your stand what do you do with the frame/ straps of the Molle system. Leave it attached to the stand?

I dont use the frame just attached straps straight to the stand. I just let em hang or use my bungee strap and strap em to the stand

Anyone use the muddy bloodsport or muddy vantage for mobile hunts? How bout the XOP Maximus? I'm interested in buying a setup and would like a few opinions!

I give everyone on this thread a lot of credit. I'm also going to guess, hmmmm, 60% of you are 30 or younger if I had to guess?!?!? This old man, sloppy hunter, lazy old goat (37) gets so frustrated, sweaty, can't "not make a banging noise" to save my life & cranky I throw in the towel. Yes, 1-2 times a year, I say "alright, on a buck, need to adapt, I'm getting to the stand 1.5 hours before the time I normally would" and try it and I lose my patience everytime. So, well done fellas, good patience, thought process and great hunters able to do something that I honestly will admit, I'm exceptionally poor at. My hang & hunt will likely be April or May (hang) & Fall (hunt) and I think each year I get worse on trimming my lanes, adding more locations, etc. When I do attempt it, XOP or LW with about 6 screw in steps, a big batch of sticks & a back pack filled with hangers & yes, probably a hat or shirt I end up wiping my sweaty face off with. And no, the set doesn't get pulled after hunting as I'm too lazy by that point. ;) ha. Well done though fellas.

I give everyone on this thread a lot of credit. I'm also going to guess, hmmmm, 60% of you are 30 or younger if I had to guess?!?!? This old man, sloppy hunter, lazy old goat (37) gets so frustrated, sweaty, can't "not make a banging noise" to save my life & cranky I throw in the towel. Yes, 1-2 times a year, I say "alright, on a buck, need to adapt, I'm getting to the stand 1.5 hours before the time I normally would" and try it and I lose my patience everytime. So, well done fellas, good patience, thought process and great hunters able to do something that I honestly will admit, I'm exceptionally poor at. My hang & hunt will likely be April or May (hang) & Fall (hunt) and I think each year I get worse on trimming my lanes, adding more locations, etc. When I do attempt it, XOP or LW with about 6 screw in steps, a big batch of sticks & a back pack filled with hangers & yes, probably a hat or shirt I end up wiping my sweaty face off with. And no, the set doesn't get pulled after hunting as I'm too lazy by that point. ;) ha. Well done though fellas.

I'm 36 and still doing this. I don't even hang many if any stands on the private I can hunt, due to others hunting it at certain times. I had to learn to allow my self more time than I think I need and to dress very light on the way in. If I start feeling warm I stop and cool off. I've had some pretty interesting encounters standing still in pitch dark in the woods and fields.

Reactions: arm
Top Bottom