Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Polaris vs Honda

So guys, it's been a few months since I've looked at prices & researched them. It'll probably be 6 months before I make a change from my Ranger & Gator. Now, with Honda's pricing, I realize you can add bells & whistles and that adds up, I get it (same with Ranger & Gator, etc, etc). But.... What are you seeing for price ranges on other things VS this??..... SPECIFICALLY the 1000-5 DELUXE (1000-5 is deluxe automatically- same thing, comes with power steering, 4 seater, etc)....
http://www.atvtrader.com/search-res...74&model=PIONEER|764949838&sort=featured:asc&
It's a pain to sort them BUT you can sort to finally find 1000-5 (which is the deluxe, 4 seater, fold down, 1000cc, power steering) for prices in the $14's at the most competitive places, 15-16k asking price at some dealers as you go up in price through the list.

OK - so, that's the 1000-5 Deluxe Honda UTV. It's a double row seating UTV but the cool thing is - the back seat will fold down into a box, so it's more maneuverable being shorter (which I hate about my LOOONNGGG Gator (which my personal gator SUCKS!!!!)). FAST as heck (buddy said it SMOKES the 700 or 750 honda, not even close to same unit), handy with seat folding down & becomes a box - so solves all my issues - kinda my dream unit. OK..... $14k was some prices I was able to see or get. All I'd likely add.... windshield, winch & ANY UTV - i'd throw out the original tires and put on 10 plys. *This unit comes with power steering, lots of stuff off the bat. So, aside from tires which ANY UTV needs, IMO- I'm probably going to put $1k-$1500 into it. So, let's just call it $15,500 for ease of discussion. Maybe fees here and there, dunno. (tax free, farm use which is nice) I know my Ranger had quite a few add-on's as well and got pricey. SO..... $15k-16k-ish for BAD-A** unit that I believe is a quality unit. I mean, from what you guys are seeing, are there considerably lower prices out there for other units? My Ranger is a 2013 and my Gator is a 2011 SO I can't even recall what I paid for them, honestly I can't remember. Honda will be my next one UNLESS I could get something super high quality for a lot lower. $15-16k, am I missing anything on other units that may be less $ for BAD-A**? Remember, not knocking any of you, I have a Gator & Ranger and fam probably has owned, gosh, 20-30 across all the family, I've driven a LOT of Gators & Rangers over the years. ME, JUST ME, I'm done with both of em. Wanna hear feedback on the $/cost issue & thoughts though??? And yes, above is a sweet unit and very smart on the 5 year warranty!! I got the same thing, 5 years, eased my mind a lot.

Last edited:
So guys, it's been a few months since I've looked at prices & researched them. It'll probably be 6 months before I make a change from my Ranger & Gator. Now, with Honda's pricing, I realize you can add bells & whistles and that adds up, I get it (same with Ranger & Gator, etc, etc). But.... What are you seeing for price ranges on other things VS this??..... SPECIFICALLY the 1000-5 DELUXE (1000-5 is deluxe automatically- same thing, comes with power steering, 4 seater, etc).... http://www.atvtrader.com/search-results?make=Honda%7C2316874&model=PIONEER%7C764949838&sort=featured%3Aasc& It's a pain to sort them BUT you can sort to finally find 1000-5 (which is the deluxe, 4 seater, fold down, 1000cc, power steering) for prices in the $14's at the most competitive places, 15-16k asking price at some dealers as you go up in price through the list. OK - so, that's the 1000-5 Deluxe Honda UTV. It's a double row seating UTV but the cool thing is - the back seat will fold down into a box, so it's more maneuverable being shorter (which I hate about my LOOONNGGG Gator (which my personal gator SUCKS!!!!)). FAST as heck (buddy said it SMOKES the 700 or 750 honda, not even close to same unit), handy with seat folding down & becomes a box - so solves all my issues - kinda my dream unit. OK..... $14k was some prices I was able to see or get. All I'd likely add.... windshield, winch & ANY UTV - i'd throw out the original tires and put on 10 plys. *This unit comes with power steering, lots of stuff off the bat. So, aside from tires which ANY UTV needs, IMO- I'm probably going to put $1k-$1500 into it. So, let's just call it $15,500 for ease of discussion. Maybe fees here and there, dunno. (tax free, farm use which is nice) I know my Ranger had quite a few add-on's as well and got pricey. SO..... $15k-16k-ish for BAD-A** unit that I believe is a quality unit. I mean, from what you guys are seeing, are there considerably lower prices out there for other units? My Ranger is a 2013 and my Gator is a 2011 SO I can't even recall what I paid for them, honestly I can't remember. Honda will be my next one UNLESS I could get something super high quality for a lot lower. $15-16k, am I missing anything on other units that may be less $ for BAD-A**? Remember, not knocking any of you, I have a Gator & Ranger and fam probably has owned, gosh, 20-30 across all the family, I've driven a LOT of Gators & Rangers over the years. ME, JUST ME, I'm done with both of em. Wanna hear feedback on the $/cost issue & thoughts though??? And yes, above is a sweet unit and very smart on the 5 year warranty!! I got the same thing, 5 years, eased my mind a lot.
Thanks for that tip by the way, I wouldn't have gone forward with it without your suggestion. I would put a call into Abernathy, it would be a little bit of a drive but they were ridiculously low on their prices compared to everyone and they carry Polaris, Yamaha and Honda.

Top Bottom