Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Licensing a youth

Deer Nut

PMA Member
My daughter will be 9 in August. She has not taken the hunter safety class yet. I don't think she can take it until she is 11. Correct? My question is, what do I need to produce to get her a youth season deer tag? A birth certificate? Typically they can only issue a tag if you have a hunter safety I.D.

Thanks for the help :)

Shep

I had called the DNR and asked to have an ID# set up for my son. I think I just had to provide his social security #. After he was set up I could buy a deer or turkey tag for him as long as he hunted with me.

Good luck

The online license site says "If you are a RESIDENT and have never purchased a license from the Department before, please call us at 515-725-8200, M-F 8:00 - 4:30 to create a customer record before you make your purchase".

It will probably be easier at the local Walmart if you have a DNR number rather than trying to use SSN/birth certificate.

https://jc.activeoutdoorsolutions.com/ia_customer/app/goHome.do

I haven't ever set up the number ahead of time. At the point of sale, they will ask for SS#, date of birth and I believe your address. You are good to go with that information in my experience.

All you need is her Birthdate and SS#. Then it will ask her address, height, weight, etc. That will get her in the system.

Top Bottom