Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Is your area dry??

Surprised,,thot about everyone had gotten some decent rains the past week? With the frontal systems, and Old Ring of Fire slipping back and forth across Iowa, expect more chances this week,,but as I can see,,,still extremely variable, who gets what,,but at least there are opportunities. I expect them to become less as we hit August,,as is usually the case...

Surprised,,thot about everyone had gotten some decent rains the past week? With the frontal systems, and Old Ring of Fire slipping back and forth across Iowa, expect more chances this week,,but as I can see,,,still extremely variable, who gets what,,but at least there are opportunities. I expect them to become less as we hit August,,as is usually the case...

That bubble dome or ring of fire must have popped in Minnesota. Some areas had 7 inches in the past week.

Localized Storms can dump a lot in one area,,especially if they move slow, but Minnesota in general has been in or near the Ring of Fire the past two months. It is usually very near the Westerlies,,the active parts of the Jet Stream, which move to Canada during the height of Summer.

Three more inches today in MN... most of North and South Dakota got heavy rain yesterday and today.

Sloughs will be full for the ducks and geese this fall, unless it gets abnormally dry.

We've had 3.5" wher I live in extreme s.e. part of state, Lee Co. We sure needed it too.My dad had 2.4" yesterday the 10th in Clark Co. Mo. I had 1/4" slow rain. We have been fortunate here the last 2 weeks

Could be a lot more in Iowa this week, Depending on where this next front stalls out,,,or it could get stuck down in MO. Which means southern Iowa could get more than it wants or miss most to the south! Time will tell? Potential for both...

What lake?? My pontoon drifted off the lift, because the lake went up about 8-10 inches in the past two days. Thankfully it didn't go anywhere and no damage.
my family and I are in northern Minnesota around Hackensack on vacation. We rented a pontoon, and after seeing this post, I ran out to check on our boat. If it wasn't for the rope I tied to the lift as an insurance policy, who knows where that boat would be. I just raised the lift an additional 12" or so. The boat was literally floating between the lift frame, only being held in place by the rope. Thank you for that post.

my family and I are in northern Minnesota around Hackensack on vacation. We rented a pontoon, and after seeing this post, I ran out to check on our boat. If it wasn't for the rope I tied to the lift as an insurance policy, who knows where that boat would be. I just raised the lift an additional 12" or so. The boat was literally floating between the lift frame, only being held in place by the rope. Thank you for that post.

Oh my gosh, you are welcome!

Top Bottom