Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Processing Deer--Osceola area

Hardwood11

It is going to be a good fall!
New rule in MN, you cannot bring deer carcass across the border in any way, head/body etc...meat will need to be wrapped etc...

So I will need to have the deer processed. Any advice on processing in the Clarke/Union County area...give or take 40 miles.

**plus I'll be looking for taxidermist (if we shoot a good one). Any advice or tips.

Sounds good guys, I've been there, isn't there also a popular locker around Chariton.

You might be thinking about Hunters Smokehouse. The business has sold and is moving to Ackworth Ia. He has contacted me and says you will be guaranteed your own meat and it will be the same recipe. Phone# 515-975-3584

You might be thinking about Hunters Smokehouse. The business has sold and is moving to Ackworth Ia. He has contacted me and says you will be guaranteed your own meat and it will be the same recipe. Phone# 515-975-3584

Do you know if it will still need to be boned?

Do you know if it will still need to be boned?
That's what his FB page said. Unless he's changed it since I looked at it. I'll second Marlin Hoch, he doesn't advertise, but he's good and his turn around is quick.
Here's one of my deer he did.

Last edited:
Hunter Smokehouse in Chariton is the best we've ever had. Their sticks, sausage, etc are all very good and not overly salty/cured like a lot of places. I'd drive the 2 hours from where I live to have them process my deer.

Top Bottom