Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Kuiu?

Ried#3

Anyone have any of this stuff? I am looking at getting some new pants and jacket and am considering this product but it is fairly new and don't know anyone with first hand experience.

I owned a bunch of Kuiu gear and it was good stuff. The gear I had wasn't heavy enough though. It's more catered towards those that are hunting mountains and moving around quite a bit. If you're sitting a stand it didn't do a good job of keeping ya warm. I sold all my stuff and switched to FirstLite in their Fusion pattern. I really like the Firstlite gear. I still layer a lot like I did with Kuiu, but they have some great items catered towards whitetail hunter. I have their Sanctuary Jacket which I sold my heater suit for..its ridiculously warm. I also just ordered their Woodbury jacket which is little lighter version of Sanctuary jacket but just as quiet. I have their sanctuary bibs and their northbranch bibs too. Both are good. Sanctuary bibs are awesome late season. North branch work well during rest of the season. I think when they come out with Woodbury bibs those will be perfect. I really liked the Kuiu Vias camo pattern, but after using their stuff for 2 seasons while my buddy used Firstlite it was easy to make the change. We hunted side by side in Iowa and his gear performed way better. Hope this was helpful. Good luck

Kuiu gear is certainly designed for layering. It's lightweight and as stated, probably best for moving around as in mountain hunting. Quality is top notch. Believe it's made by the same guy(s) who started, and eventually sold, the Sitka gear company.

Kuiu gear is certainly designed for layering. It's lightweight and as stated, probably best for moving around as in mountain hunting. Quality is top notch. Believe it's made by the same guy(s) who started, and eventually sold, the Sitka gear company.

Exactly. I have several Kuiu clothing items for mountain hunts but I store them until the next mountain adventure. Completely different clothes for whitetail. They do have down layering systems that would probably work well but I haven't tried them.

I ordered the first lite north branch, very disappointed. The stuff is well made but way to noisy. It might be alright to sit in a tree but you walk through brush on a calm day and it would make to much noise. Kind of surprised they would make something like that. Put it in bag and sent it back.

Top Bottom