Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Favorite stand for all day sits

Oct-Lull

I am still searching for that perfect stand for sitting all day. I have tried a ton of different stands from Gorilla, X stand, Millennium, Xop, Lone Wolf, Trail Hawk, Hawk, Ameristep, I have a bunch of Gorilla King Kong's that are my favorite but they still aren't the best all day. Have to have at least a 24"x30" platform and a big seat. Have some M25's I modified from Millennium that are about the most comfy..... anyone else have a stand that really does the trick for 12 hrs or is it just a dream? No climbers for me.

I have not, I don't know anyone who has one. The m25s are not solid with that goofy chain. I had to change mine to straps. Does the m50 have 2 anchors or one? I see it's about 50$ more for an adjustable platform. My bad I see now you wrote 150. I do know someone with one and he said it is great, maybe more than I want to spend.

I have not, I don't know anyone who has one. The m25s are not solid with that goofy chain. I had to change mine to straps. Does the m50 have 2 anchors or one? I see it's about 50$ more for an adjustable platform. My bad I see now you wrote 150. I do know someone with one and he said it is great, maybe more than I want to spend.

Just go with an m100 then. As long as the tree is pretty straight it is a fantastic stand. If it had platform adjustments would definitely be my favorite.

You can always buy extra brackets and then have several trees ready to hunt with only one stand... just have to haul it in and out each time. I know that hanging a stand every time you hunt isn't everyone's cup of tea but with the brackets already in place they go up really fast, and easy and are definitely worth the trade off in convenience for the level of comfort. It's the most comfortable stand I've ever used other than the old treelounge climber but those are climbers, out of business, heavy, and made you stick out like a sore thumb... really only good for gun hunting in my opinion.

Plus if you think the M25 is comfy you would fall in love with the M150s
I'm not a fan of the M100s though the platform has too drastic of a angle on the rear of the platform, if you like to fold the seat up and stand with your back against the tree it leaves very little room especially for bigger warmer boots

Last edited:
Millenium m100 for me. I have a big game Titan xt that should do the trick too. Just got it last year and need to find a spot for it.

The smallest platform possible with no padding on the seat. Just ass on ridged metal for 13 hours. Make sure the tree is slanted forward slightly so you can't sit up straight. Always best to have a strong north wind directly into your face so that you don't waste time getting cold.

The smallest platform possible with no padding on the seat. Just ass on ridged metal for 13 hours. Make sure the tree is slanted forward slightly so you can't sit up straight. Always best to have a strong north wind directly into your face so that you don't waste time getting cold.

Sounds like those $25 stands northern hydralics use to sell. You could never shoot a deer out of them because even with a harness you were holding onto the tree so you didn't fall out.

chippewa wedge-Loc. Excellent stands. Super easy and fast to hang. Very comfortable. I like the tall seat with the smaller folding seat.
Pricey but worth every cent.

How do the stands with the receiver lock down? Are they two straps? Seems like there would be some play. I like the single strap where I can put my knee on the seat and lift the platform with my foot to lock it down rock solid. I see Rogers has the m100 for 150$

How do the stands with the receiver lock down? Are they two straps? Seems like there would be some play. I like the single strap where I can put my knee on the seat and lift the platform with my foot to lock it down rock solid. I see Rogers has the m100 for 150$

The M150s have a top strap at the bracket and another at the platform.

I know you said no climbers, but if you got straight trees you may want to take another look at the Summit Viper. I have one for public land river bottom hunts in the willows and maples and it is super super comfy. It makes me smile just thinking about how comfy that thing is.

I have sat in one actually and it was probably the most comfortable stand I have used. Hard to stay awake! Not many spots I could use one

I'm the type of guy that has a bunch of cheap tree stands that are up. But for those couple weeks when I'm going to sit all day I will pack in a Summit Viper. Pull it up when I get in the stand and put it right above the tree stand I already have positioned. The stands are all trimmed for this application as well.

The more "mature" I get the more I notice how tree stands are not what I call comfortable no matter how long I sit in them. About three hours is all I'm good for anymore.

Hilarious. I use cheaper stands, so I can have more in place, so none are that comfortable, but I get by on all day sits. I modified an old API with a homemade seat that isn't too bad, and is probably the best of my hang ons for comfort. I use one of those self-inflating/adjustable seat pads on it. Other than that, probably my ladder stands are the most comfortable, but not like the recliner in the living room. Don't want to be too comfortable when I'm hunting anyway, or I might fall asleep. Gotta have that pain in the posterior and/or back to keep you awake some days!

Maybe someone here will remember these, but my best treestand for an all day sit is my Ambusher. They went bankrupt years ago but I still love the stands.
Other than that, I just need to be leaning back a little and have a really good cushion. My wife and I take an extra cushion on every hunt no matter what stand it is.

Top Bottom