Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2016 Wyoming DIY Elk

TheMadCatter

bdahms and I started hunting on Friday and I had seen some bulls bugling and sparing on Thursday. We headed up the mountain and found a group of black bear (a sow and three cups) that I had seen before. We saw lots of mule deer, antelope, two moose, and a few elk one giant bull.

We went to a different spot on Saturday and I woke up to a bugle. Sure enough we went right over this BLM hill and spotted a few. I called a bull and a few cows into 15 yards and let him have it with a straight on shot. The bull ran onto private that we didn't have permission to access and I thought I knew we wouldn't get access to go after him. Little did I know I was wrong!

The Game Warden stopped by and issued me an interstate tag for a dead head I found on private ground and we talked. He called a few people and we got permission to go after him!

bdahms helped and then decided to leave early to get back home on Sunday. I kept looking for blood and went 150 yards more into the timber. I gave up and started back down the mountain to grab my phone and head back up to GPS my last blood location. I ran into the Game Warden and let him know I didn't find anything. I finally got to where my last bloods was and low and behold I saw him at 75 yards laying there! I was able to get to 30 yards of him, cow call a little and he got up. I shot him again and he ran about 75 yards down a trail and fell right over! I had a complete stranger lend me a hand and we finished packing him out by noon today. After three weekends of hunting I'm worn out and ready for a nice relaxing weekend!

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
Cannot see the pictures.... And from the story great job....

OK after logging in pictures showed up

Top Bottom