Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Scent Crusher

Blaster

PMA Member
Has anyone on here tried Scent Crusher products? I bought the hunter closet a couple of weeks ago and have to say I'm impressed with the results. I am also impressed with their customer service. The zipper was broke when I got it and I called them and they had me a new one 2 days later. I tested it using my 11 year old boys football practice shirt!:eek: It was real ripe! I had to run it through 2 cycles but not one hint of BO after the process. I would have to say I'm sold.

Yes, it does work. But you can buy an ozone unit much cheaper than through Scent Crusher. I have been putting my clothes in tubs and cleaning them with ozone for several years now.

Cabelas has a decent deal going right now. Buy a scent crusher bag and you get a free on the go ozone unit for your vehicle. I've been hearing a lot of good things myself.

Amazon had all Scent Crusher products 55% off with free shipping a few weeks ago. No idea if it still works but I got a closet and car unit for $135 total. The coupon was MOJACK55

I have not hunted with my stuff yet but so far it seems pretty awesome! I really like the ozone go unit for vehicles!

Yes, it does work. But you can buy an ozone unit much cheaper than through Scent Crusher. I have been putting my clothes in tubs and cleaning them with ozone for several years now.

Careful with other ozone units. First off, scent crusher's items are specifically engineered and designed to trap ozone inside to keep then safe for use while someone is nearby. For instance, having the gear bag plugged in and running in the cab of your truck while you are driving. It's safe. Second, and again with their engineering, the units are designed to not put out so much ozone that it will ruin clothes. I heard another guy mention that his friend bought a cheap unit and it ruined all the elastic in his clothes. Too much ozone output.
Lastly, I'm a HUGE customer service guy! I have chosen specific products just because of their service and/or warranty. In that respect, I've not heard a single bad report of scent crusher's customer service or warranty.
My opinion with scent crusher in comparison to the knock offs is that you get a better product that has been through tons of testing, and you get top notch service along with it.

I don't know much about the whole ozone thing, but guessing this would work better to clean clothing if it is hung loosely so that there is more space for the ozone to go and get in contact with the clothing. Am I correct in this thinking? If so, I'm wondering how well a tote or bag would work if you have your clothing folded up inside.

Also, regarding the locker, is there anything special about the material/construction over other portable closets/lockers. Guessing this may be "scent free".

I don't know much about the whole ozone thing, but guessing this would work better to clean clothing if it is hung loosely so that there is more space for the ozone to go and get in contact with the clothing. Am I correct in this thinking? If so, I'm wondering how well a tote or bag would work if you have your clothing folded up inside.

Also, regarding the locker, is there anything special about the material/construction over other portable closets/lockers. Guessing this may be "scent free".

I'm not sure about the closet- but I have the bag and I use it on out of town/state softball tournaments and I throw in my stinky uniforms and cleats balled up and they are 100% scent free after about 15 minutes in the bag.

I got a $300 gift card from work, and figured hell I'll get the scent crusher bag and car unit with it. Well it arrived yesterday so I wanted to give it a try as soon as possible. I had a brand new pair of UA hunting boots that I wanted to try and get rid of the new boot smell. I ran them for a 30 minute cycle last night and it was night and day difference in the smell. They still have a hint of the new boot smell, but I've always noticed that with UA boots. I'll be running another cycle tonight to see how much more it helps, but overall I'm sold on the bag itself. The car unit really seemed to clear the air and smell in the truck this morning on just a 10 minute drive to work as well.

Ozone generators will break down rubber. Don't overdo it. Buddy destroyed a pair of Kennetrek boots putting them in a scent crusher bag.

I bought the ozone go. My truck smelled like cigarettes from my wife, dog dander, and i have two young kids that are a little messy. 30 minutes closed up with the unit running and it was all gone. Better yet, i had a back pack get rained on and my gloves and facemask were damp inside for a week. They smelled very musty. I draped them over my truck seats and let the unti run for an hour and a half. The musty odor was gone. I'm very impressed to say the least.

Ozone generators will break down rubber. Don't overdo it. Buddy destroyed a pair of Kennetrek boots putting them in a scent crusher bag.

Thanks, I'll make sure to not run it all the time with them in there. I'll be interested to see the amount of wear if any on clothing. I only plan on running it for short periods with base layers while inside, and run it in the vehicle with outer layers on the way to a property. After a 30 minute cycle last night I believe most people could get by with a 5 or 10 minute charge before changing.

Now if you could only scent crush the oils from your face , hands, skin , sweat and breath you'd be set . It might buy ya a few seconds of fooling his nose though . Never know .

Now if you could only scent crush the oils from your face , hands, skin , sweat and breath you'd be set . It might buy ya a few seconds of fooling his nose though . Never know .

Idk, I might be convinced to get one based on having a little amount of scent v. alot. Percentage game right?

Most guys using Scent Crusher will still use an odor killing product (dead down wind, wildlife research, etc. etc.) Along with the Scent rusher, I'll personally continue using my carbon synergy for my face and hands before heading to the stand. I like Arm's thought process, percentages. The less you stink, the less likely something is going to find you with their nose. If you haven't read this about ozone, it's worth a quick read and very interesting!
http://www.fieldandstream.com/articles/hunting/2014/07/does-it-work-ozone-scent-control-vs-drug-sniffing-dog?dom=fas&loc=hpslider2&lnk=IMG

Thanks, I'll make sure to not run it all the time with them in there. I'll be interested to see the amount of wear if any on clothing. I only plan on running it for short periods with base layers while inside, and run it in the vehicle with outer layers on the way to a property. After a 30 minute cycle last night I believe most people could get by with a 5 or 10 minute charge before changing.
don't run it while you're in vehicle O3 is dangerous

I might buy one simply to keep the smells down in my car. I go to rendering and wastewater plants quite often. Many days my car smells so bad it will choke a maggot. Be a good test anyways to see how well it works.

Top Bottom