Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Anybody?

Am I the only one who has this irrational fear that a shooter Buck will come out within minutes of my first sit of the season? Hours of preparatio, hundreds of dollars spent on the next new thing to help you kill your target buck, and it's over in minutes? Don't get me wrong I'd love to take out on day one on a giant , but the season would be over just as it started.

Agreed! Haha It doesn't feel like hunting till the leaves have changed for me. I wouldn't be too upset if it happened though, I enjoy filling doe tags and helping friends too.

Anyone going out ? What time ya getting to the stand? Thinking about going just to check a camera or two on the way out.

Took the daughter out this morning for youth season. I'm planning to head out tomorrow afternoon for my first sit. Have a good one that's periodically been showing up in daylight for the last month.

I agree though it would be slightly disappointing to tag out right away. I did that one year during late muzzy season, tagged out on like the third day, kinda sucked.

Anyone going out ? What time ya getting to the stand? Thinking about going just to check a camera or two on the way out.

I seen about six or seven deer from in between 6:45 and 7:15. Had a deer walk across the field in front of me about 10 minutes before it was light enough to see. But it looked to be a big body. ended up killing a coyote that ran two does out of the field in front of me at 13 yards

I did not get out tonight. But I have a decent view of my food plot from a window in my house. Last night I watched both of my "hit listers" walk right in front of one of my tree stands. Their way of laughing at me before the season even started!
Good luck everyone, be safe.

Am I the only one who has this irrational fear that a shooter Buck will come out within minutes of my first sit of the season? Hours of preparatio, hundreds of dollars spent on the next new thing to help you kill your target buck, and it's over in minutes? Don't get me wrong I'd love to take out on day one on a giant , but the season would be over just as it started.

I'm fortunate enough to be able to use my landowners tag if I harvest out early and know of other good bucks in the area. I usually save it for late muzzy but usually have too much going on then to hunt much.

Just a personal little experience: Several years ago I was fortunate to tag out early in muzzleloader season and Kansas is a one buck state. So I used the time in November to hunt does and generally just spend some time in a stand with no goal but to go and observe. I pushed a little harder into bedding area, sat marginal winds, generally just push the envelope a little harder. I think that season gave me a little better insight into some of my properties as I pushed harder than I would have if I was still hunting for a buck. I guess what I am getting at is if you are fortunate to tag out early, use the opportunity to spend time in the woods to learn, observe, and experiment.

Just a personal little experience: Several years ago I was fortunate to tag out early in muzzleloader season and Kansas is a one buck state. So I used the time in November to hunt does and generally just spend some time in a stand with no goal but to go and observe. I pushed a little harder into bedding area, sat marginal winds, generally just push the envelope a little harder. I think that season gave me a little better insight into some of my properties as I pushed harder than I would have if I was still hunting for a buck. I guess what I am getting at is if you are fortunate to tag out early, use the opportunity to spend time in the woods to learn, observe, and experiment.

What did you find out? That you could be more aggressive with less impact?

Not sure I will ever tag out early. Always seem to procrastinate the important parts of trimming, re hanging, and scouting early season. Never seem to get the big until the weather starts changing then I get crazy.

That happened to me 2 years ago. It made for a really long rest of the season. Shot a few does while watching some really great bucks walk by. It sucked!!!

NO Early for me. No mature animals show until Nov-Rut and then they show little until it gets cold. And what is a shooter anyway? Big Iowa rack? To me like to match minds with a mature animal that has survived a few years of humans after them, regardless of what is on their head.

Top Bottom