Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2016 Bow buck down already

After taking my daughter youth hunting a few times in September and fighting heat and mosquitoes without any success I was pretty anxious to get in a stand last Thursday morning with a freeze alert for my first bow sit of the fall. So I climbed a ladder stand on a public piece that treats me good on meat every year about a 1/2 hour before shooting time. Get all situated, woods is dead quiet. Get on my facebook to see who all Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton have slept with for the day. When I hear footsteps out around 50/60 yds out. Didn't think much of it, probably a possum...kept reading....steps start up again coming closer...look at time and realize its LST but still very dark...put phone in pocket and pick up bow. Steps start again finally I make out a deer in the dark and then notice a nice rack on it. Hes crossing my shooting lanes still pretty dark but I'm going to try with my lighted pins. Pull back, he walks into my last shooting lane at 30 yards MERRRRRRP Let fly! Heard the hit but had no idea on the shot. He didn't take off like a lung shot and I never heard him crash. So I stayed on stand for a couple hours as I had a doe tag in my pocket as well. It was a enjoyable hunt with lots of deer seen however I just never had a real good feeling about planting that buck. So I finally get down and find a quality bloodtrail, he was dumping blood. I look in the direction he went and there he lays only 60 yds away from where I shot him. The hit ended up being way back but apparently the rage did its job. Quite a whirlwind of emotions. Anysex tag lasted maybe 2 minutes.....Big bodied 146 7/8" 10 point of yummy goodness.

IMG950925_zpspe6e6uno.jpg

IMG950926_zpsnqrpmely.jpg
IMG950924_zpsjzqssdiv.jpg

IMG950924_zpsjzqssdiv.jpg

Top Bottom