Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Got to love October surprises

203ntyp

PMA Member
After not getting any decent buck on camera all summer and early fall it seems there's always an October surprise visitor sooner or later that gets the adrenaline going. I had my 1st encounter Saturday evening but he wouldn't respond to grunts or a snort wheeze. Leads me to believe the rut will be later this year?

full

Some deer are weanies. They just don't want to fight unless they have a hot doe and are defending the right to breed her. They are all different I guess. I knew a big 8 one time that would come out into the corn every night, find an ear, then lay down and eat it. Then he'd get up and go find another and lay back down. He was lazy. Perfectly healthy - just lazy.

One more thing - last week I had a huge 10 in a field right at dark. One grunt from me at 60 yards and he ran away as fast as could. My guess is either not a fighter - or - the 280 lb tank in the neighborhood has kicked his arse a few times.

Top Bottom