Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Mobile Hunting

nontyp

I finally decided to buy a lone wolf climber this year after dragging my feet for several years. I always just dreaded having to find a tree and hang a stand in the dark. That being said, I absolutely love it. Being mobile has completely changed the way I hunt. I just feel free now. I don't have to worry about which stand is best for the wind I just go to the best spot and set up.

I have a summit that I love. I have 4 hang ons in place but it's nice to have the mobile option if i have a hunch to go somewhere else. And it is very comfortable.

I have had a Lone Wolf climber for several years and with everything it has it's pros and cons. I like the idea of it and when the "right" tree is available it does the job. The "right" tree isn't always available. That being said I'm looking at changing to sticks and a light weight hang on in the future for more tree versatility. Climbers don't allow you to utilize a tree with limbs below your desired heights. Lone Wolf sticks and a Chippewa- Wedge Loc stand is what I'm looking into.

I love my summit climber! Only negative thing about any climber is like Mike 311 said, you just cant hunt particular types of trees due to limbs coming out. I am a big fan of hunting the largest tree with most amount of cover possible, so I have used a stand and climbing sticks for my prime spots. Regardless, climbers are great and serve their purpose....especially when hunting new property as you can bounce around much easier with one than having to mess with stand and sticks.

I love my climber. I can go as high as tree allows and I need to be undetected. Only downside is finding trees. I scout out trees when I'm putting out cameras

We went that same route last year and went with using old TreeSuits, love them! Carry 14 screw-in steps in with them or 3-4 LW sticks and 4 steps and you can hunt almost any tree you want. We've gotten into some of the gnarliest trees that would've been a nightmare to get a stand into.

Top Bottom