Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

My 2016 Halloween buck!

Junkyard

I've been along time viewer but just became member. At 8:15 on Halloween morning i ended our 2 yr long quest for a giant named JUNKYARD! last year we had several shot opportunities he was probably around 180-200. Between me and my father we missed him 3 times and my father hit a limb and hit him in the front leg last year. Over the summer we had no pictures of him, but in late September to early October he showed up and blew up! We tried to play it safe and did not hunt him until we had daylight pics. At 6:10 I sneeked into one of our best stands did not see a deer untill 8 am. I got a glance of a big buck walking away from me so grabbed my antlers and within seconds he came running in! Turns out it was a buck we had alot of history with probably in the upper 160s. Decided to pass knowing a buck like junkyard was around. No sooner here he comes! 21yd shot hit him a little back so backed out and waited till morning. Found him in a few hours of looking! Its been a once in a life time event! Cant even begin to say how fortunate we are! And I have to give a HUGE THANK YOU to my dad for allowing me the opportunity to harvest such a beautiful Whitetail! I personally scored him at 247"! But there are several different ways to score this buck! The py scorer green scored him at 233" he has 21 points. 7690.jpeg

• Deleted by Junkyard
  • Reason: Not correct picture
Show…
Top Bottom