Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

moultrie

kelcher

Bought a Moultrie let spring based on solid feedback here and other places. Had trouble with display last fall. Might have gotten a little wet inside?? Dried it up and fresh batteries and it worked again. Called them to see if they would help me out and they said since it was working now they couldn't troubleshoot so keep using it. This fall had display issues again, but it kept taking pics. About two weeks ago it stopped working. Called them today and they said since it won't power up they can't troubleshoot and the best they can do is offer me 40% off a new cam. Not impressed. I told them I think I'll use that cash to buy a different cam that won't quit working in a year.

They pulled he same stunt on me, that's after I talked to them twice and spent the money to send it to them just to get it back in the same condition. All they would offer after that was a discount on a new cam like you said, I told them to shove it!

Trail cams can be such a pain in the a$$.

I have had my best luck with longevity with bushnell trophy cams. We used to run a few reconyx (somehow talked the old man into getting some) and those were unbelievable! But unfortunately I am not well off enough to have a camera that is damn near the price of my bare bow. Haha

Trail cams suck. I bought a stealth cam last fall, it wouldn't flash and all night pics were black. Called within the year warranty time and they had me do their hard reset. Did that and checked in after a few weeks and it worked! Left if out for a very long time to see now that it stopped working again. Called them back and since it's now outside the 1 year warranty, they couldn't send me a new one but could send me a refurbished one but no warranty on it. I took what I could get... Got that camera back and tested it, worked fine. Put it in the truck to, in Off, until I went to hang it and it drained the batteries. Called again and they had me do the hard reset again...wouldn't do anything else for me. So I did that and it killed it again! I sit here now and I dont even want to call them back because they were such a-holes...i get the same guy named Forest every time I call. So if I end up sending this one back, my two shipping costs and stacks of batteries I'm almost up to the cost of the trail cam in the first place. Will never buy Stealth cam again.

Try using a different memory card brand. I had an issue and I think it ended up being that the cam didn't like the memory card for whatever reason and because of that it was eating batteries.

Trail cams suck. I bought a stealth cam last fall, it wouldn't flash and all night pics were black. Called within the year warranty time and they had me do their hard reset. Did that and checked in after a few weeks and it worked! Left if out for a very long time to see now that it stopped working again. Called them back and since it's now outside the 1 year warranty, they couldn't send me a new one but could send me a refurbished one but no warranty on it. I took what I could get... Got that camera back and tested it, worked fine. Put it in the truck to, in Off, until I went to hang it and it drained the batteries. Called again and they had me do the hard reset again...wouldn't do anything else for me. So I did that and it killed it again! I sit here now and I dont even want to call them back because they were such a-holes...i get the same guy named Forest every time I call. So if I end up sending this one back, my two shipping costs and stacks of batteries I'm almost up to the cost of the trail cam in the first place. Will never buy Stealth cam again.
Pretty much my experience with stealth cams too. I emailed CS because I had formatting and battery issues, they told me to mail it in and I figured it was a waste of time so I never did. I busted out the cam this year, because it's been collecting dust for years and I thought I might as well try it again. 8 fresh batteries lasted about 100 pics before it died. These were $100 dollar cams, so some guys say you get what you pay for, but my $100 coverts run like champs if you can get past the slow trigger speed. I've had good luck with my coverts and spy points. Unfortunately seems like a lot of companies vary on quality from year to year.

I had just sent in a Moultrie 888i that quit powering up after 2 months use and in 6 days a new 999i was on my doorstep. Gave me an upgrade on cams.

Yeah, I probably should have just sent it in right away instead of listening to the service guy. Still don't like the way it was handled.

I was reading that they were good quality last time and was not impressed. I think I will stick with Covert unless they go downhill. They had a chance at my business.

I just got the 880 2nd gen for 69.00 from Rogers outdoors for some extra cams.The best I ever had was the 3 year old moultries,most unreliable browning strikeforce ,not counting the stealthcam or primos I tried for 1 week

Oddly, I have had GREAT success with Wildgame, however am switching from them due to their lack of customer service. I have had coverts die quickly and not much help. And Cuddebacks the same. I think sometimes you get a lemon, sometimes you get a gold bar..

Just picked up a few more of the 880 gen 2 from Rogers as well. Had one out earlier this fall and was very pleased with it. Night pics were very good compared to other cams. Tried a primos as well during that time that had good reviews on trailcampro but never worked out of the box.

Top Bottom