Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Mature or not?

I see why you're having trouble deciding. The good mass and gnarly bases make me think older but the body looks 3 1/2

Looks mature to me. Good mass, some trash on his bases, and face looks older. Is his right beam broke or just how it grew?

Something about him makes me think young. Could be completely wrong though. If he comes in, hopefully you have time to look him over really good.

I'd guess older but he could go either way. The grey face, thick body, mass, and character points sway me that way.

Brian811 said:
Looks mature to me. Good mass, some trash on his bases, and face looks older. Is his right beam broke or just how it grew?

No he's actually got a little crab claw on that side.

Man, he seems to look young to me at first glance, but the mass and beading/character on the bases and brows make me second guess that. I've got one deer from a few years ago in a 3 multi-shot sequence that looks like a different age in each pic, so really hard to tell on this one. Does look like the belly could hang down if he straightened his back out. If he's 3.5, he's got some pretty good antlers. Either way, I bet he'd eat pretty good.

Antler mass belies the body size for me. Too much mss for a young deer. Would like to see another pic or 2 of the body. He may be sick or injured to have a gaunt appearance to the body. I'm voting mature.

BC7B3CF8-C086-4994-B845-A3C7705C1F30.JPG
Got a broadside pic with his head up?

He looks 3.5. I would give him at least another year. If by chance he was 4.5 and you knew it I would let him see 5.5 because he is 5x5 main frame. You decide what makes you happy and have fun.

Top Bottom