Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Deer movement update thread

4 bucks and 7ish does. One 3.5yr old that I have a lot of pics of and finally saw so that was fun. 830 was the last sighting. Absolutely perfect gorgeous morning though...could not have drawn up a better one. SCIowa

4 bucks and 7ish does. One 3.5yr old that I have a lot of pics of and finally saw so that was fun. 830 was the last sighting. Absolutely perfect gorgeous morning though...could not have drawn up a better one. SCIowa

Seen alot of deer this morning and just had a huge 10 run past my living room window. It's nice having deer use your yard as a highway to the timbers chasing does.

Linn county. The last 2 days I have seen yearling bucks bumping does and the older bucks spending 45 minutes browsing and only glancing at the does. I caught one shooter on camera this week at 11:42 Friday night.

But this is one of my favorite weeks to hunt, I have seen some of the biggest bucks during this week. Any second a hot doe could come through with 3 shooters on her trail. Just takes patience - season can turn around in a couple seconds.

Been a disappointing season here, only able to hunt a few times due to family obligations and haven't seen an antler while on stand. Cameras were very slow all season and not nearly as good of bucks as years past. My last opportunity to hunt first season was this morning and found my new trail camera was ripped off the tree, busted off of the cable lock and gone. About to throw in the towel for this year and hope for better next year. Will be hunting hard for private access for sure. Good luck to everybody still out there, there are plenty of good days left!

Classic lockdown here the last week. Have a feeling after this rain pushes through you need to be in a stand.

Absolutely! I'm hoping to be in a stand by early afternoon tomorrow if at all possible. Hopefully work doesn't screw that plan up for me... My prediction is tomorrow through the weekend will be good to nail a big slob as they will be out searching for the last few does.

I haven't been out in the stand, but have been told about a few "big" deer moving near roadways the past couple of days. Not seeing them myself, I don't know how "big" or mature they looked. I've seen some does and young bucks out in the fields while driving to/from work.

had one real nice 10 at last light come in behind me . he had a pretty bad limp so it was a no brainer to take him. soon as he stepped into the lane i found out the hard way my shoulder may be done with my bow. even lowered the draw weight a bit this year. Oh well , looks like I may have to save for a crossbow next year. I'll still give it a try but this season is probably over for me. Still Late muzzy tho

2:45 yesterday had 6 does come in with 3 bucks on their tail - 2 of the bucks were borderline shooters. Chased for a while, then went off after a few more does back in the bedding area. A spike and doe browsing right before dark.

I did an all day sit today in my best setup, or so I thought, it wa dead. Only saw 5 deer. 3 buttons, an 8pt, and a doe.

Any updates on movement? Have a few extra days off coming up. Love to come here and see what everyone's been seeing.

I'll give a 2nd hand update. Brother hunted Thanksgiving morning and saw a bunch of does and 2 mature bucks checking downwind of the bedding areas. He picked the wrong stand. Will give another update after taking the wife out tonight

Very slow morning. Single doe, pair of doe, then a small 8 point Moved off a ridge top to get out of the wind, but it is still windy. Hope for some better movement tonight.

The wife and I saw 7 deer tonight. 4 does and fawns and 3 immature bucks. A 3.5,2.5, and a 1.5. Rattle in the younger two but they hung out of her range.

Thursday morning 2 lone 2 to 3 yr old bucks cruising checking scrapes assume does were in bed before light.
Friday 1 lone buck same as day before.
Different farm Saturday morning. Doe and 2 fawns heading to bed about 8. Shooter Buck and doe paired up skirted around me. Paid no attention to some light grunts.
Sunday night in the rain. Scrub buck cruising then 13 doe in cut bean field feeding at 4:30. No buck showed before dark.

Top Bottom