Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Beaching bull reds on the Gulf

bowonly

Took a break from focusing on deer hunting to book a trip with my wife and daughters for some big bull redfish. We had an absolute blast and the quality time we spent together was priceless. The guide handled all the gear, baiting, getting the line out to where it needed to be. All we had to do was haul them in when the pole doubled over. I highly recommend a trip like this with your families. We ended up catching 7 that afternoon and had another 3 break off. And to answer the burning question, yes both of the reds I landed were smaller than any of the ones the girls hauled in.

Gulf Coast of Louisiana. To commemorate the trip had one of them mounted. Got it back from the taxidermist yesterday.

Last edited:
image.jpeg

Had a great trip to Venice, LA in October. Lots of bull reds!!

• Deleted by MN2IAGuy
Show…
Those are some great redfish, congrats fellas! I am jelly...I attempted an ocean fishing outing a couple of weeks ago in Miami, but let's just say that the weather had other ideas and all I caught was a sponge...yep, a sponge. :D My friend fishing with me got 3 little nibblers, but it was a very unfavorable day to be fishing. Between the near constant rain and busting through big waves on the ride back in, we did manage to get 100% drenched though! :D

Top Bottom