Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2016-17 was my Dream Season

Obsessed

I harvested all three of these trophy bucks in Iowa this past season. I didn't run any cameras and hadn't encountered or seen any pictures of any of these deer prior to harvesting them. I harvested #3 on January 8th, and am honestly still on cloud 9 and still in a state of disbelief! My taxidermist is loving me, and my wife, not so much...

Late October Bow Buck #1 - 11 scorable points, grosses 160-4/8”, is my personal best home property harvest, and my personal best archery harvest.

Halloween Bow Buck #2 - 9 scorable points, grosses 147-3/8”, and is my personal best spot-and-stalk bow harvest.

January Late Muzzy Buck #3 - 20 scorable points, grosses 168-5/8", and is my personal best harvest by 1/2".

Last edited:
Wow!!! Great season enjoy the high. I hope your taxidermist gave you a volume discount:)

I was waiting on someone to comment on the Alabama shirt. I turned it inside out for the 1st deer, but didn't think about it for the 2nd. I am NOT an Alabama fan. A soon to be ex of my wife's best friend is a HUGE Alabama fan though, and gave me a bunch of T-shirts a while back. A couple of them are sweat wicking, (this is one of them), and are great for hunting hot weather. I'm not superstitious for the most part, but after I harvested the first 2 bucks wearing the same shirt, I almost jumped on the Alabama bandwagon myself. Glad I didn't.

Last edited:
3 great deer. Congrats! I really love the mass on that last one. Is that a white streak of hair on the back of the first buck?

Got my 3rd buck scored today by a good hunting buddy. 20 scorable points, grosses 168-5/8", and is my personal best harvest by 1/2". I've yet to break the 170" mark, but I don't pass on deer like these, so if I continue filling my walls and never get a 170" or larger buck, I'll continue to sleep just fine... The palmation and mass is incredible on this one though, and 20 flipping points!

There was a large white patch on the rear back of my first buck. He also had some small flecks of white in his coat. I thought maybe some piebalding, and if so, he is the first piebald deer that I've ever harvested.

I've been asked to do a write-up about my season for an upcoming edition of the Iowa Sportsman magazine, so once that drops, I'll post my stories on here as well.

Last edited:
Thanks everybody. This was by far my longest season, but most rewarding as well. I just finished my write-up, and had alot of fun reliving everything as I wrote it. If it doesn't get published for any reason, I'll post it on here as soon as I'm notified. If it does, I'll either post a hyperlink to it or post the entire thing if I'm allowed to.

Top Bottom