Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

HF 69 Tresspass

Do you support HF 69 Tresspass

• Yes

• No

• Neutral

Results are only viewable after voting.
This bill has been on the House debate calendar since Feb. 9th. It finally passed out of the House today. There was an amendment that made it read a little better.

Great hunting in Iowa, but trespassing is an issue. I have 5x the issues with Trespassing in IA, that I do on my farms in MN.

Shotgun season it is almost a must to present on your farm.

I had it wrong, the bill passed the subcommittee last week and passed the full committee today on an 13-8 vote. Now it will be placed on the debate calendar.

Passed the Senate today. I think the vote was 42-5. It was amended though and sent back to the House. Somewhere in the process there was a lot of language added for required signage and purple paint on posts will be approved as a no trespassing sign. I'm not sure if the House needs to vote on it again or if the amendments are approved. We should know if it is sent to the Governor.

Here is a new link, go to bill history and click "show all" and then click on the amendments, one from the Senate and one from the House.

https://www.legis.iowa.gov/legislation/BillBook?ga=$selectedGa.generalAssemblyID&ba=hf69

Anything with tougher trespassing fines would be great. Be nice to see more use of cameras, robo-decoy, staged shed antlers to get some of these guys.

A landowner is expected to specify no tresspassing vs. a person being required to gain permission? That is just asinine. Does no sign or no painted post mean no permission needed?

Last edited:
A landowner is expected to specify no tresspassing vs. a person being required to gain permission? That is just asinine. Does no sign or no painted post mean no permission needed?
I hope not... but not completely sure either. It's ridiculous how people don't respect another guys property. There are plenty of ways to find out who own what property via the internet now... no excuses

Top Bottom