Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hunting Partner

Close

I live in the Seymour Iowa area and would prefer a hunting partner located in this area......but would not be a deal breaker for the right person.
I strictly bowhunt and have been bowhunting for close to 30 years so yes I am kind of an old fart but scout and hunt very hard (if you are even remotely LAZY please pass). I'm after mature whitetails not too picky on antler size just after the sway bellied big chested 5+ year olds. I hunt almost exclusively public ground in the lower 2 tiers of the state. Last year I took the month of November off and had 12-13 different bucks go under me in one morning.....passed on 40-50 different bucks last year. I have been very successful but would like someone to share the hunting and scouting experience with.
Not looking for a group .....only one, not your friends, not you children.

I realize I'm asking for a lot but I live for whitetails and have been burn't before. Not sure how this forum works but if you are interested please contact me.

I figured I'd get some crap.
I have 2 son in laws that bowhunt and I take them out maybe once a year. They don't live and breathe antler like I do.

Last edited:
Best hunting partner(s) you can ever have is family...just my two cents. They don't even have to hunt...just share a day in the blind or a double ladder stand. I'm similar in age, and enjoy bowhunting as much as anyone, but I'm proud to say I don't "live and breathe antler". There is SO MUCH MORE to life! Just saying...

NWBuck

I agree I should have chosen better words and Yes there is so much more .....but WOW lets jump on the new guy! "Welcome to the forum" Good Luck finding a hunting partner "
If my son in laws were interested I would take them but they are young and raising a family....and live 5 hours away. So no I have no family to hunt with. Yes when archery season comes that is what I do, then shed hunting, then mushroom hunting, then fishing. My wife accompanies me in all except bowhunting.....she turkey hunts I don't. I am fortunate my job allows me much more time than most to concentrate on things I enjoy. I don't have food plots or a deer lease so I have to work a little harder.

Close

Welcome to the forum & Good Luck finding a hunting partner!

How's that? I agree. WELCOME, SERIOUSLY! Best wishes on finding a similar mind & goals with you each fall. Whether it be someone you run into or someone on here. maybe a kid with a passion that you could teach, that has the passion but needs a teacher. When I was a kid, I couldn't hardly beg an adult to take me hunting and I had the itch & desire to hunt like nothing you can imagine. I had to teach myself for the most part & hunt alone until I recruited "new blood" - my brothers (who hated hunting at 1st, seriously, hated it!). But, ya, I hope you find someone that can align with your passion. Good luck, WELCOME and best wishes.

Good luck! Hunting alone isn't as fun IMO - I enjoy sitting in the stand alone obviously but it is still nice to have that hunting buddy to discuss after each hunt what each other saw that evening, help drag out, clean a deer, etc. and welcome to the site- the kind hearted opinions arent as plentiful as they used to be here- thick skin needed sometimes but there are certainly very experience and knowledgeable individuals here that will help out with info when needed. Good luck in your journey for a new hunting partner

You sound like my kinda guy that mirrors my attitude towards bowhunting. I probably live to far away to do justice for what you want. I actually like hunting alone much of the time so I can do it my way. The times I wish I had a partner is when its time to cart the deer out:)
Welcome to the site and post often. Never mind the negative post as there are many keyboard warriors.
If more people don't start getting more involved forums can and will die. Good luck on quest for a partner and we might run into each other in the woods.

So now hazing isn't allowed? Guess I'll just go to my safe place.

Close as in the door or encounter of the 3rd kind?

Welcome to the site that has been around for 15 or more years. There are plenty of folks here who live for the bone. Over the years we have melded into quite the hunting community. Even though I have never met 99.9% of the members this is still a place to come and feel like a family, perhaps dysfunctional at times but for the most part we all end up sitting around the virtual campfire that is Iowawhitetail.com and sing Kumbaya in rounds. Except for T-250, he was a jerk.

I actually googled Seymour Iowa to see if it was a real place. You know, as in "See more" Iowa? I think for a first post yours is a bit unusual, and I'm still a little skeptical. But again, in the all inclusive world we live in, welcome.

If you need a hint, now is when you would tell me my pickup sucks and only wimps drink bourbon. This is what friends do around a campfire virtual or not, we give each other crap.

In all honesty...I wouldn't mind some like minded individual/s to do some hunts with or help each other out in the off season, etc. I own my own land and my problem is that I have friends that ask if they can hunt but when I ask for help on the grounds they're no where to be found.

Welcome to the site and good luck finding a partner. You're 3 hours from me, quite the drive.

First of all Welcome.
2nd of all. Hopp he'd pry have better odds on farmersonly.com
3rd. Bonker would surely be down if you offered him free Tapioca.
Honestly I'd take you up on the offer but I typically hunt Northeast Iowa. The few times I do make it down to the Lucas County area it's more of a scouting while hunting and visiting family trip. Great country down there just 4 hours away

Just miss the ride home sharing stories. If the right person doesn't come along I will continue to hunt alone. Walked close to 4 miles this afternoon scouting public.....pretty easy when you are surrounded by it. Just guessing but probably put close to 15 miles on my boots in the last month.....I just enjoy scouting! No sheds yet.

Arm I'm not afraid of a little work and would be tickled to help clear stands with you. I probably have 30-40 trees cleared and GPS for my lone wolf on public and am still scouting.

Fishbonker I don't drink bourbon but I have been known to enjoy a beverage or three produced by anheuser!

I chose the name "Close" because that is how I believe bowhunting was meant to be. I prefer to shoot my deer as close as I can that is what trips my trigger. I do very little trimming and let the chips lay where they fall. I don't arrow a shooter buck every year but average every other. Last year I took a 5 1/2 year 160" 12 pointer at 12yds. what a rush!

Last edited:
Then maybe I have met you. Was your screen name the same back in the day?

Oh, and Onecam always poops, errrr, uuuugh I mean pops pigs.

Top Bottom