Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Blinds

tmule88

Looking at buying a new ground blind primarily for bow hunting turkeys. Really like the double bulls just not sure whether to buy the Bullpen or the Deluxe? Mostly hunt by myself but hunt with friends on occasion. Do any of you have experience with either of these? Is the extra room in the Deluxe worth the price?

I would never buy a blind with a zipper door again. Zipperless is so much better and quieter.

I hunted out of the bullpen with another fella on here, both over 6" with 2 bows and had plenty of room. I got mine on ebay for 175 to my door. But for 100 dollars that blem sure looks nice.

I won't be able to tell you exactly what the Smackdown is like until it shows up, but guys say they aren't quite the quality that the "Double Bull" ones are. Not sure what the difference is since Primos owns them now, but they have blinds that are Double Bull and ones that aren't.

The Bullpen looks to be exactly what the old Darkhorse is, so that might be the way to go if I'm not real impressed with the Smackdown, but I will be sure to post up what its like when it gets here. $175 is a good price for that - I've been using a Darkhorse for 5 years now and I have no complaints.

Rogers is having a good sale right now in the double bull deluxe right now for $319. Plus there is a $75 rebate and it comes with an avian x hen decoy

I bought the bullpen and it was delivered yesterday. I am happy with the quality and the size. Should have no trouble bowhunting turkeys with 2 people.

You are right - Not sure if the deluxe is worth the extra or not . Thinking about getting a golf bag pull cart to haul all my gear in ha.

Maybe Liv4Rut will post some pics of his jogging stroller cart - his setup is pretty sweet!

I bought one last year and have it all stripped down, but havent got to use it yet.

Anybody order one of the blemished smackdowns??? Thinking about buying one. Really like the window and for $100 can't go wrong.

I bought one. The fabric is not as nice or heavy as my darkhorse blind, but there is nothing wrong with this blind. It just feels cheaper. As for the blemish, the black on the inside of the blind is not consistent. There are some tiny spots where the fabric is not as thick and see small pin holes of light. As far as hunting goes it will work well, and i won't feel as bad about leaving this blind out for longer periods of time. The darkhorse was expensive so i usually pack it in and out of the woods to keep it in better condition. I feel that for 100 bucks i got my money's worth out of this blind.

Anybody order one of the blemished smackdowns??? Thinking about buying one. Really like the window and for $100 can't go wrong.

I got one and like marshall said, the fabric isnt as thick as the darkhorse or bullpen. The SmackDown fabric is 100% polyester, whereas the Darkhorse fabric is a cotton blend. I actually ended up selling mine here locally and selling another cheaper blind and got Bullpen for the same price as my two cheaper blinds.

The blemish on mine was that the fabric on the inside was a little "shiny" in places..like the material got a little too hot and just started to slightly melt. There were probably a dozen or so spots like that the size of a baseball, but it absolutely was nothing that would've affected the performance of it - and you probably wouldnt have even noticed if you weren't looking for it.

After I saw this deal I bought two of these blinds. I put one up in the basement and the only issue/blemish I had was that it appeared that they used a coating for the inside (black) material that became sticky and stuck to itself. When I opened mine up it seemed sticky and pulled some of the black off which would let some light come through but for the price this was still a good deal and as long as it doesn't peel much more shouldn't be an issue at all. Plus this blind is HUGE and will have plenty of room for me and my 4 year old when she wants to go deer hunting with daddy!

Top Bottom