Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Multi-shot or Not?

Hey guys. Wondering what your opinion is on the best camera setting regarding number of photos. I have cameras that will do multi-shot (1, 3, 5, or video I think), and have usually ran them on 3. Obviously this fills cards quicker. This seems to really eat the batteries too, so wondering if others experience the same. These cameras are older. Thinking about getting a couple new ones. I like having multi-shot for deer moving across the frame, as well as getting multiple views of them if they are turning their body or head. Another camera I have only does 1 pic or daytime video/nighttime pics, and gets a lot of 1/2 deer pics (most likely a slow trigger speed). I run that one on video most of the time.

I use multi (usually 3) on trails with 15 or 30 seconds between series. For a pile of grain/mineral I use a single exposure on 1 minute delay.

Most of the newer cams that me and my buddy run we set to video all the time, yeah they eat batt. And fill cards but with 16 and 32g cards not that big of deal. And having actual video is key vs just a picture IMO. Get to see more of the deer as far as size, frame, age etc.

Multi shot or video on trails. Over corn or licks I run single shots with 10 sec intervals to keep the number of pics down

Last edited:
I turn my video on around the 24th of October, then turn to 2 pics, otherwise I am at 1 per 5-10 seconds depending on where it is. I don't know there is a real difference between multi and burst besides terminology. Time lapse is different.

I turn my video on around the 24th of October, then turn to 2 pics, otherwise I am at 1 per 5-10 seconds depending on where it is. I don't know there is a real difference between multi and burst besides terminology. Time lapse is different.
It's my browning cams that have both options on them. I will look up the difference.

The difference is, the burst mode takes 1,3,5 pics at once basically no delay between pics. The multi shot mode allows for delay between pics of a few seconds so you don't get the same exact picture

The difference is, the burst mode takes 1,3,5 pics at once basically no delay between pics. The multi shot mode allows for delay between pics of a few seconds so you don't get the same exact picture
Thanks
Sounds like the multime shot is the way to go!

I guess I have burst mode instead of multi-shot, although I'm pretty sure the package and camera calls it multi-shot (could be different between brands). Can't set a delay between pics, it just goes either 1, 3, or 5 at a time. Most often 1 second between pics on the time stamp, but sometimes will be a couple seconds showing. When I've tested the camera, it doesn't seem like it is a full second between LED flashes, but I've never timed it.

The worst thing about burst/multi-shot for me has been "false" triggers (tree branches, grass, etc.). Don't need multiple pics of those, but that's more of an issue with needing to clear more in front of the camera.

Top Bottom