Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Land values

Fletch--I guess I would be willing to take an IQ test, college credentials, and maybe even a net worth calculator against you any day!

Very good odds that you would lose on one or more of those. Maybe we should compare trophy rooms and drop our trousers too while we are trying to figure out who is superior. I suppose trophy rooms is not really fair since I can kill three bucks per year. ;)

Hey dare- I dun play dis..... my IQ is ways passed most udder folks round here. Day told me I was at least over 48 which beez same amount of inches I is tall. I finished most of 3rd home skool year but teacher (mamma) got taken to da clink so our naybor Rufus taught me all I needed to no. We run own pop cam deposit kompany & had left over $ from today's hall to bi us X-straw can of Red Man chewing tobacco Net worth of 16 cartons cigaretts & a stolen pallet of old crow whiskey! Evry won of u beez nice here an I gives u a bottil of old crow wisky. Or I has Rufus gets on here to skold u

Last edited:
Very good odds that you would lose on one or more of those. Maybe we should compare trophy rooms and drop our trousers too while we are trying to figure out who is superior. I suppose trophy rooms is not really fair since I can kill three bucks per year. ;)

You might have on trophy rooms! No dropping trousers.:D

160 by me for sale, 899,000$ 80 acres of crp till about 2027-2030. I keep telling myself I can buy it, and think positive. I even thought I could cut something to afford it. Then I woke up and realized as awesome a piece as it is it's a nightmare. 15k in income locked in, 4k/mo mortgage= no cash flow. Only hope would be to farm it, and that's why I wanted it, but that's out for a while being under contract. Saw 2800+ acres in SD for just under $9mil.

My trophy room is full of
Just when I thought round 1 was good, round 2 fires up in a different thread.

I could not help but envision old school mortal combat "round 2, fight!" ...and laugh.

Can someone with a high IQ please explain productivity value in detail???? Me dumb.

Can someone with a high IQ please explain productivity value in detail???? Me dumb.

You're going to need someone associated with dream dirt I'm afraid. No agronomic decision maker I can find has any numbers even close to some of those counties.

If I had to take a realistic guess I'd assume it has to do with things like you said, how productive is the soil from a forage standpoint, from a row crop standpoint, what is the CRS2 rating, critical dominate soil type throughout the field, cash rent rates, etc etc.

But as hardwood stated, I only have a bachelors degree in agromics and I don't fall into the gentlemens club so my opinion doesn't carry any merit in this conversation with so many prestigious deer hunting gods

Hey dare- I dun play dis..... my IQ is ways passed most udder folks round here. Day told me I was at least over 48 which beez same amount of inches I is tall. I finished most of 3rd home skool year but teacher (mamma) got taken to da clink so our naybor Rufus taught me all I needed to no. We run own pop cam deposit kompany & had left over $ from today's hall to bi us X-straw can of Red Man chewing tobacco Net worth of 16 cartons cigaretts & a stolen pallet of old crow whiskey! Evry won of u beez nice here an I gives u a bottil of old crow wisky. Or I has Rufus gets on here to skold u

Skip that has to be the best post ever on I-Whitetail!!

(Tears in my eyes . we run a pop cam deposit kompany)

• Deleted by Jdubs
  • Reason: who cares,
Show…
I would love to hear you elaborate on what these numbers actually mean and prove....................................

Decatur County went from $685 productivity value (assuming that's per acre) to $661 productivity value which is a 3.5% decrease in productivity over a 2 year span (which makes sense if you follow grain markets over that time frame).........yet taxable value of the land went from $316 in 2015 to $361 in 2017, which from the real estate stand point; productivity value and taxable value are going to go up as supply decrease and demand increases (simple economics)

Please riddle me with you non bias, non resident bashing of what this garbage from Dream Dirt (REAL ESTATE COMPANY) really means other than what we didn't already know; that those southern tear counties of Iowa are big buck production area's/highly desirable for recreational activities. On top of the fact, based off productivity value, the land shouldn't bring squat if someone is looking to make a living farming it....................

First this is from the Iowa Dept. of Revenue and just re-posted by DreamDirt. Productivity also dropped due to increased input costs and not just the grain market. Taxable value is just that and when do you ever see taxable value decrease as taxes are continually increasing with land improvements, building, etc. if you look at the map, there are several counties with similar changes that have nothing to do with "those southern tear counties of Iowa are big buck production area's/highly desirable for recreational activities."

First this is from the Iowa Dept. of Revenue and just re-posted by DreamDirt. Productivity also dropped due to increased input costs and not just the grain market. Taxable value is just that and when do you ever see taxable value decrease as taxes are continually increasing with land improvements, building, etc. if you look at the map, there are several counties with similar changes that have nothing to do with "those southern tear counties of Iowa are big buck production area's/highly desirable for recreational activities."

What other counties??? Webster county? Just so happens to be next door to the area I grew up hunting. I can promise you recreational land values have sky rocketed due to hunting and the popularity it has gotten in the past few years. There are some giants running that Des Moines River Lobe and more and more people are realizing that.

Fayette county in NE Iowa? Just so happens to be where the recent state record archery buck came from........Polk county, warren county, jasper county........all counties within that Des Moines metro or within that "45min drive" from Des Moines that so many real estate guys wanna pimp. Also comes right back to deer hunting...........

So think again buddy! You are new to the state, going back 3-4 years in your old posts you talked about trying to pin point where you'd like to live once you made the move from Southern Ohio. I suggest you stick to talking about things you have personal first hand knowledge about instead of being the keyboard warrior you are coming off as

Top Bottom