Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Youth Deer

kelcher

No youth deer this weekend?

We saw a few does, fawns and young bucks, but nothing my boy wanted to shoot. Did have three tom turkeys within 5 yards of the blind. I'm sure they will have moved on by fall turkey season . . . .

I postponed until next weekend. I have been out of town a lot and the hot weather did not get me or my son real excited to got out yet.

The young guy who I'd given permission on our piece somehow got into his mother's dog house instead :( Too bad, because that front rolled through NW Iowa on Saturday, and Sunday morning (when he and his Dad were planning to go) was perfect...clear and 44. Live and learn.

NWBuck

Reactions: arm
I took 2 youth this past wknd. The weather was very warm as you all know. Saturday evening was our 1st hunt, in my area the rain started just after getting to stand @ 430 and rained fairly solid til @ 5:30. I had my 9 yr old son with me and my wife had his 11 buddy with her. Within 10 minutes of the rain stopping everything @ us came to life. We ended up seeing quite a few bucks and several does by us. Out of the other blind they saw several does and 1 really nice buck. Long story short, my boy connected on a nice 8pt and his Lil buddy made a perfect shot on a mature doe! To say these kids were excited is an understatement!
Good luck to all the youth out there and those who are taking them! Be safe and have fun!

I took a youth out last night. Saw plenty of deer- none we wanted to take (tiger woods). Been getting a lot sent in to the social media page I'm apart of and sharing their harvests - plenty of deer hitting the ground Good luck to all those going out this week and coming weekend!!

My boy froze up on a 150" buck last night.. at 15 yds lol It was a combination of the buck, and being a 6 yr old unsure of shooting from an elevated box blind:/ he said he was scared he would fall out, or drop the gun if he shot lol it was a great experience regardless :)

Hope the rain holds off for tonight. His mindset has changed, and he wants him bad! I'll post the Tactacam footage of the encounter, and hopefully a kill if he gets a chance tonight. He's on the money with the muzzy, but time and the right opportunity will tell :)

I enjoy seeing everyone's pics so I figured I should post one too. My son shot what we thought was a nice narrow 10 pt last night about 10 minutes before shooting hours. We went to look for him and bumped him. I grabbed a buddy and came back three hours later to see if we could find him. We did not. I went looking today and found him late morning. I bet we walked within 20 yards of him last night.
20171001_112724_small.jpg

I enjoy seeing everyone's pics so I figured I should post one too. My son shot what we thought was a nice narrow 10 pt last night about 10 minutes before shooting hours. We went to look for him and bumped him. I grabbed a buddy and came back three hours later to see if we could find him. We did not. I went looking today and found him late morning. I bet we walked within 20 yards of him last night.
View attachment 114806
What vitals did he end up hitting?

View attachment 114806
Congrats to the young man! Bet he's pumped

Top Bottom