Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Your go to knife.

I tried to find this knife but no luck. I received it for Christmas in the early 70's. Then I vaguely remember my oldest took it deer hunting when he was at home. I sent him a text and asked if he had it. The knife is a model 110 Buck Knife.
IMG_0313.JPG

For myself it's just a knife but I hope the knife is a keepsake for him

I tried to find this knife but no luck. I received it for Christmas in the early 70's. Then I vaguely remember my oldest took it deer hunting when he was at home. I sent him a text and asked if he had it. The knife is a model 110 Buck Knife.
View attachment 114730
For myself it's just a knife but I hope the knife is a keepsake for him
Nothing wrong with a buck 110! Im sure alot of guys have one. I do

They are all custom, the middle and bottom one's are Damascus steel, fossil walrus ivory, mammoth tooth and Bering sea coral. Top ones are trap springs.

Nothing wrong with a buck 110! Im sure alot of guys have one. I do
I couldn't agree more. The knife was very tough but it was very hard for me to sharpen with the hard steel. I suck at sharpening knives unless if the steel is softer. I have a bigger collection of knife sharpening devices that I've collected over the years:D
IMG_0353.JPG

The Spyderco works the best for me.
Here are to more knifes I bought at the local hardware store when I was in High School.
IMG_0352.JPG

Buck folding trapper and a Old Timer sharp finger. Both are still used in the shop.

With my dad and grandpa being former meat cutters, I have more top-quality knives than I know what to do with for processing game. A few years ago, I fell into the crowd and bought a Havalon Piranta. I've used it a couple of times and was slightly impressed, but it wasn't until processing my daughter's elk with it Monday morning that I finally fell in love with it (despite 7 cuts and a chunk missing). I think I only broke two blades (maybe three), but there was never a need to sharpen part way through. I started with my good Buck w/ gut hook to open the fur/belly, but I got tired of how quickly that elk dulled the blade and switched to my Havalon.

I have some awesome, amazing knives, including some collector stuff, but my Havalon will be my go-to for big game! I'll also be purchasing a pair of cut-resistant gloves before my next hunt, though!

Nolen Texas Gut Hook is my favorite but you can' t hardly beat an Outdoor Edge Swing Blade for gutting and field work.
Recovered Pictures 1940 (Small).jpg
Recovered Pictures 1943 (Small).jpg

Swing Blade (Small).jpg

What’s your go to sharpening device? I run a Lansky kit like Ishi shows above. At times I think it’s fairly good other times it gets a maybe.

Buck 110 here too. My kids got me a havalon for my Bday. That thing is pretty sweet. I have been eying a couple different bench mades lately.

IMG_5184.JPG
IMG_5184.JPG
Go to fillet knife. Buck that I bought in the mid 1980's and have used on more crappies and walleyes than I'd like to think about. Love the flexibility and backbone to this knife. If I could find ones to buy for my kids I'd buy everyone I could find. Many great memories fishing with my family come to mind when I look at this knife.

Last edited:
1st knife I received as a gift in the 1970's. Used on many deer back in the day. Hasn't seen the light of day in a long time. I should take some Brasso to it to clean it up.
IMG_5185.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
IMG_5186.JPG
First Knives of Alaska knife I bought. I love it, but have found the bone handle to get slippery and have gone towards knives with rubber handles for field dressing deer now.

IMG_5187.JPG
Go to skinning knife now. Love the sharp A** replacement blades. I have probably cut myself more in the past 2 years with this knife than all my others knives in all of the years I have owned a knife. Supper supper sharp.

Top Bottom