Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Friday P.M.

• Deleted by Forestryguy
  • Reason: Double Post
Show…
Weather looks perfect. I have been hardly seeing any movement on cams though. There’s a ton of standing corn around my spots still. Hoping the fields get picked next week...

If tonight is anything like this morning, they should be moving. I’m on a small farm, that doesn’t see a lot of activity until rut/prerut, and had three does, two young bucks, and a 3.5 year old big 8 this morning. The 3.5 year old hasn’t shown up on any cameras and was cruising an atv trail along the field edge. Looking forward to what the rest of the day holds

Not an in field report but seen the first 2 bucks of the year in my yard last night which is usually a good indicator. A fairly good 8 and a small 8 pointer chasing does all over the place. Looking forward to what the evening will hold

If tonight is anything like this morning, they should be moving. I’m on a small farm, that doesn’t see a lot of activity until rut/prerut, and had three does, two young bucks, and a 3.5 year old big 8 this morning. The 3.5 year old hasn’t shown up on any cameras and was cruising an atv trail along the field edge. Looking forward to what the rest of the day holds
Are you sitting all day?

Are you sitting all day?
I just got out of stand. It was a good morning for sure. Saw several does and 3 bucks. All the does came into the brassicas and ate for a while before going to bed. The bucks were a 1.5 yr old 6pt, a 3.5 130s 8pt and a 3.5 140s 10. Not 1 of them bucks stopped to feed nor did they stop and check does either. Each one of the bucks were on a constant walk like they didn't know what they were looking for. Last deer was the 10 pt at 10:15. Hopefully it just keeps getting better from here. I plan on being back in by 2!
Good luck to all headed out!

Started to see deer around 3. 8 does and small bucks came to plot around 430. Bucks we’re eating and bumping the does around some. Pressure is on the rise.

Started to see deer around 3. 8 does and small bucks came to plot around 430. Bucks we’re eating and bumping the does around some. Pressure is on the rise.

What are you doing for supper td? I'm down here hunting too.

Good movement. Saw a very nice buck worrying some does...still about 150 yards away when Mr. Wile E Coyote showed up and spoiled the party. Only one problem for him...he subsequently got too close to me and I nailed him. Drt

Bonus points for team 2! Hopefully there is still time for the deer to come back

Sat from 3:20 till dark, first activity was 4:30. Seen 12 deer, 11 does, 1 buck. Buck was cruising looking for does. Also noted that right before dark 2 lone fawns came by. Makes me think their might be an early doe in heat in that area.

4 pm to dark tonight, saw 6 does, 3 antlered deer. A 1.5 yr old 6 pt, a 2.5 yr old 8 and an ancient buck that had an ugly 6 pt rack. Nothing I cared to tag. Back at it tomorrow am.

Top Bottom