Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2017-18 Team Deer Contest (Score Thread)

Awesome, I love the recovery team in the photo too. Looks like they're geared up to dress her out or were they afraid to touch her?

They wanted to do it all, but we were losing light and one blade had opened the stomach so they each got a leg to hold while dad did the deed. They enjoyed the pelvis pop though

Reactions: arm
164.75 pts for team 11. Not a game changer but a good start.

Rt————Lt
Beams: 24.5———24
G1: 4.5———4.75
G2: 9.75———9.5
G3: 9.25———9.0
G4: 3.75———5.25
H1: 4.5———4.75
H2: 3.75———4
H3: 4.75———5.25
H4: 3.5———3.5
Total: 68.75——70
Combined: 138.25
In Spread: 20.5
Inside pt: 6

Total: 164.75
Working on pic. Haven’t posted since photobucket changed.

Well...After Bow Hunting off and on for 20 years, but hard for the last 6, I finally put it all together. He is not one of the brutes that I had on camera, but for my first bow deer ever, He is definitely a trophy in my eyes. Saturday Morning at 7:35 I watched him come in from 80 yards out in a CRP field. He walked right in on the trail I needed him to and stopped him at 8 yards. I settled in and let that Schwacker fly. I double lunged him and he didn't go but 80-90 yards and died almost exactly where I first saw him. I will get score posted later. This truly was a wonderful experience. My Brother-n-law was out there with me, sitting only about 40 yards away, and he didn't see anything unfold until he saw the deer take a dive. I was so jacked I gave him a hug and tackled him to the ground. FINALLY got that monkey off my back!!!!
rsz_1img_0276.jpg
rsz_1img_0277.jpg
rsz_1img_0281.jpg

That's awesome! Congrats to you for sticking with it for so long! I don't know who is smiling more, you or the boys!!!

They were also very excited. The boy in the bottom pic has joined me in the woods a few times. But this the first year that he isn't upset with dad for not getting a deer. This was a much for them as it was for me:) He will be joining me in the blind for Late Muzzy as long as he behaves;)

All Right.....The moment Team 7 has been waiting for.....holding their breath no doubt for two whole days....my buck(pictured above somewhere and below, scored using the pope&young score sheet and my mother-n-laws sewing tape) measured...............................
Beams: 16------17
g1:3-----3
g2:7-----6.75
g3:4-----3.75
h1:3.25----3.25
h2:2.75----2.75
h3:2.5----2.75
combined: 77.75
inside spread:14
Total: 91.75

My wife said now I should try to put a 1 in front of that for the next one:)
rsz_1img_0276.jpg

Last edited:
Alright guys the rules state deer, person, and weapon has to be posted in order for the score to count. Do we want to be lenient this year being the first year of the contest or stay firm on the rules?

My bad, There I go breaking the rules again...I am going Late muzzy as well if that one needs to not count....Totally understand rules are rules:)

Alright guys the rules state deer, person, and weapon has to be posted in order for the score to count. Do we want to be lenient this year being the first year of the contest or stay firm on the rules?

One question, could we post the overall score, I doubt anyone is going to cheat, there is no huge prize. I hate the 2/8 thing. I scored my buck very conservative at 127, if anything add up score and round low.

qiDpZdw.png

Shot this buck Saturday morning. I had a feeling it was going to be a good day as the Temps were cold and the wind had finally died down overnight after howling for two days straight.
I saw him three times before the doe he was shadowing led him to my stand.
Gross score 156 6/8. Team #3.

Hsmaross in your score I see you did not have a forth circumference H4. On an 8pt. you measure from the G3 to the end of the main beam and mark the middle. Take your forth circumference measurement there.

Top Bottom