Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

need help

I filmed my buddy bow shoot one mid November about a dozen years ago. Shot was a touch high, but looked good and passed through. He did get a lung (I know what lung bubbles look like) and bled like an absolute stuck pig. We tracked him for well over a mile before the trail finally petered out. The end of the story is another buddy of mine shot him a few weeks later on the first day of SG1 and you would not have guessed he was even hurt.
Tons of blood really means nothing. I've seen them survive lots of blood loss on more than this one occasion. And they can survive a one lung hit. It is hard to find a deer that is not dead. Check your cams in a week or so and hopefully u are pleasantly surprised!

He couldn't tell where he hit it? Was the deer broadside or quartering?. I hope all ends well and you find the deer but I'm guessing brisket. Good luck in your search and like others have said......... take your dog for a walk. Good work on not giving up.

Medically speaking it would be EXTREMELY rare for a deer to survive a pass through “one lung” hit with a sharp broad head. It just doesn’t work that way. Maybe a field point, or an expandable that failed to deploy but not a sharp broad head! Sorry but a “one lung” hit that bleeds as described and didn’t die didn’t hit any lung! Bubbly blood means nothing! Neither does red blood vs dark blood! That’s all I’ve got to say! Prove me wrong with pictures, not anecdotes.

I don't think it's legal but it's one of the laws that I completely disagree with. I haven't used him but i do have the phone number for a guy with a tracking dog from Gutterburg. IMO retrieving a wounded deer should not have limited resources and dogs have proven to be better than humans at getting the job done. All the recent rains may have eliminated the scent thougb.

still no deer. Walked a lot between hunts this weekend and still nothing. There was about 6 people out through out the weekend looking for it or the crows and there is no signs. Very very sad and unbelievable.

Top Bottom