Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Alright guys, Who's s with me, November 19th, and still grinding this season out

I'm still at it! Been seeing a lot of buck movement the last 3 days. Should be a good week for hunters that still have tags!

I'm still trying. I could shoot a buck nearly every sit, problem is getting something bigger than a 2.5 year old in range. I have only seen two bucks that I would shoot this year.

I was feeling the strain as well. After passing up some nice bucks early on and then blowing a couple easy opportunities I finally got it done last night. Just sat the evening and saw bucks moving early on. Closing in on sunset there was a decent buck chasing does in an adjacent field that was perfectly set up for a sneak attack...Got ready to get down from the stand and I spot a good buck coming out of cover, I grunted him into about 50 yds and just couldn't get him to close the distance. Figured it was too late to put the sneak on, so I sat tight. 10 minutes of light had a young 10 pt walk right down the trail giving me a 15 yd shot. Happened real fast and I couldn't pass it up. Amazing how fast a well placed arrow will put down a deer. He literally started stumbling within 5 yds and dropped dead at 20 yds. Drove the truck right up to him, so no tracking or dragging which is always nice. Many bigger ones out there for late muzzy and my boys as well.

I'm still at it. I haven't even seen a shooter while in the stand and I've put in a lot of hours. I've seen great rut action this year but nothing mature. I will continue to bow hunt every chance I get until gun season but then I'm hanging it for the year. Good luck to all still at it.

I'm still at it also. Like others I have passed on some decent bucks. I've been through this before and honestly I've seen the biggest bucks consistantly the weekend after thanksgiving. Not that they were coming out of the woodwork, but I was happy I climbed up into my stand that day. So, I will continue trying until the shotgun break gets here.

put me in the "still at it" camp also. hunted half days many times this past week and all day on sunday. Been pretty slow for me - best days were 10-28/29 with 3 passes on quality 3 or 4 yr olds on both of those days. past years have proven to me that it's a good time to continue to grind it out and that's my plan as much as my work/family schedule will permit.

I really envy you guys that have tagged out already. I absolutely love Thanksgiving, eating indoors with the family, watching football getting fat and happy! Tagged out ain't so bad!

I hear ya. Part of my envy is coming from the fact that I haven't tagged out during bow season since 2010, so I don't know how to be tagged out in mid November and it's driving me crazy! LOL!

Still at it as well... I've been chasing the same buck for 3 years now. It is getting a little frustrating hunting this buck. I've had him inside 100 yards 3 times this year. Now he has vanished. Last time I saw him he was limping really bad on back left leg. Not sure what is up with him but will continue to play the chess match. Keep grinding guys! It only takes 5 good minutes to erase all the long cold days on stand. Good luck to all!

Top Bottom