Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

170"+ buck-looking for local taxidermist

Adventure

I shot a beautiful 170"+ buck on Sunday afternoon and I am looking for a local taxidermist. I am in the Quad Cities and am just looking for a euro mount (although I did have it caped just incase I wanted a full shoulder mount). Who does everyone use or who do you recommend. I would like to get it dropped off before the shotgun rush starts this weekend. If you want to see the deer you can go to The Process Outdoors on Facebook...it was posted on 11/26.

Start a go fund me.. j/k....I know the feeling, but that is a rare trophy 99% of all bow hunters never shoot a 170.

Look up Timbers Edge Taxidermy in Princeton or Wildlife Furever in Bluegrass. Sorry don't have numbers.

Yo could DIY it too. Did my first this year. Not that bad but Nasal cavity is tricky.

Two things #1 spend the money and have a shoulder mount. #2 have it done by Mike Meyer at Meyer Taxidermy just north of the quad cities in Goose Lake. He is by far the best around. I believe it's a little over $500. You won' regret it.

Guys wearing all Sitka camo in the trophy pic but cant justify the price of the mount?!?!:rolleyes:
Cool response. I AM willing to pay more for quality gear that will last me years, gear that will keep me warm and comfortable in the tree. While I am extremely proud of my deer and recognize it is possibly a once in a lifetime animal, I am not sure I am willing to pay $500-$700 for it to hang on my wall collecting dust...I already have a few of those.

To those that offered worth while comments, thank you for your help.

isu22andy, thank you for reminding me why I stopped coming to the Iowa Whitetails forum years ago.

Cool response. I AM willing to pay more for quality gear that will last me years, gear that will keep me warm and comfortable in the tree. While I am extremely proud of my deer and recognize it is possibly a once in a lifetime animal, I am not sure I am willing to pay $500-$700 for it to hang on my wall collecting dust...I already have a few of those.

isu22andy, thank you for reminding me why I stopped coming to the Iowa Whitetails forum years ago.

It was more of a joke than anything. I wear 500+ dollars worth of camo too and have nothing on my wall to show for it . Do whatever makes you happy not what a bunch of jokers on the Internet say .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just skull mounted my first buck this year; I didn't think it was as bad as everyone was telling me. If you haven't done one before I would suggest trying it. I actually enjoyed doing it and it was really easy.

Don't mind Andy. He's harmless and just jealous he lives in 3 year old nation. If you have the time and a turkey fryer and spare boiling pot euros are fairly easy and lots of tutorials online. Congrats

Top Bottom