Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Favorite bucks

Ruttinbuck

With shotgun season coming up and all i can think about is giant whitetails right meow i thaugh i would post a few of my favorite whitetails n their stories. My favorite whitetails of all time are the ones me an my father have killed in the last 20 yrs the ones i experinced are always the best. the first whitetail is the iowa phantom he is my favorte because he lived for so many years and nobody ever laid eyes on him i belive they only ever found this one set of sheds every year he reminds me that u dont get every deer on trail camera and there is always a chance that giant is hiding in that hole u cant find or up that tree u dont look up n one day he will get out of that hole or climb down that tree. ( the first two pics r the iowa phantom). The second deer i dont think i have to explain to much im just posting because if i had to dream up a buck this would be it mitch rompola is the hunter in michigan 1998 with a bow a few people say theyve seen the actual deer and it is real. quite a few more people say that mitch made the rack and removed the skull plate and put this rack into the deer. Not here to say which is true just that its a dream buck. 3rd is old mossy horns shot by del austin in 1962 in nebraska with a bow i believe dels friend al dawson started hunting this deer in 1958 and had seen the deer quite a few times an i think he missed the deer in 1958 and hit him in the shoulder in 1960. they found i think 3 sets of sheds (the last picture are the sheds). Del austin ended up shooting him with a recurve awesome story and good old fashon hunting and a awesome buck. Good luck and be safe this weekend aim small miss mall

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    33.1 KB · Views: 96
  • image.png
    image.png
    542.4 KB · Views: 96
  • image.png
    image.png
    702.8 KB · Views: 101
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    72.6 KB · Views: 86
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    33.1 KB · Views: 82
  • image.png
    image.png
    542.4 KB · Views: 83
  • image.png
    image.png
    702.8 KB · Views: 82
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    72.6 KB · Views: 82
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    74.2 KB · Views: 90
Old Mossy Horns!!! Man I can remember the Bear archery ads with that buck in them!!! Just starting out in bow hunting in the late seventies that deer was so amazing for me!! Still is!!!

Although they are just a set of sheds, the Kansas King is one of my all time favorites!

Kansas-King-Sheds-0038-Web.jpg

Last edited:
Those are all amazing!!! The Rompola one is classically hilarious as I used to live about 5 miles from where it was killed. Take all those years of contraversy and writing on the topic- I’ll just say- living there- I would bet my lifetime collection of pop cans - it’s the biggest crock of crap known to man! ;)

If I had to “choose” my favorite.... I’d have to stick with Iowa and I’d have to go ARCHERY! :).
Is this the biggest in Iowa officially now? I know one of our members held that spot until this one if it is the largest now?
8d72fb95a295af70cff7330973819961.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom