Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Tis The Night before 1st gun Season and I'm Pumped

Trapshooter1

This is the way I started deer hunting. (And im an avid Bow hunter) At a young age, and it still has me excited every single year. It's a family group and we 're in it for the fun, and have some good laughs. (NO WE 'RE NOT THE COWBOYS THAT GIVE SHOTGUN HUNTERS A BAD NAME). Have a safe season everyone.
And yes I know quite a few of you guys will be guarding your properties from the gun hunters, which makes me chuckle a little bit just thinking about that.(Cause you guys own all the deer in that section) Lolol HAHA. Anyway have a good one.
Who else is going to be out with me tommorow morning???

Darn right I'll be on patrol, dnr are never to be found! Sorry have road hunters galore round here, if you hunt legit no probs but I hate window shooters who take from what I have tried to age!!!
I'm

i think its more like people who own the land would like to keep people out of their land
Exactly, for those who have made the commitment and work their ass off to own a piece of ground. It's not about your deer, my deer, his/her deer. After spending alot of time and $ on ground, maybe they feel the same way you do about the stuff in your garage, (you bought it, worked for it, you own it, it's private property that's protected by law) Not sure why someone would think it's funny for you to lock the door of your garage, or sit on your property anytime you wished to protect what is yours.

Just got back up to the cabin from dropping off the hunters at our place this morning. Seems like a very beautiful day is in store, hopefully some deer move around a little bit this morning though and get themselves shot. It's too nice really for December deer hunting in Iowa. Good luck to all.

I’ll probably never have the pleasure of owning land but if I did the land would be protected from trespassers the best that I could especially gun season.
Any creature that would be living there from a doe with twins or a 120 incher or world class buck would fall under that umbrella of protection.
Warm for a few days so good luck and most important BE SAFE!

I’ll be out! Have fun. Be safe!!!! I love seeing legal & safe gun hunters who have a great time. Not so much a fan of the running full steam deer shooting & dangers surrounding it. & the ability to make good management decisions on what you’re shooting. But- even those guys - I wish them a safe & enjoyable season.
I’ll be out but be glad when it’s done too. Have a feeling a big old 5-6 year old 100-110” is gonna go down on my farm. :). Some does for freezer as well.

Go get em guys- hope someone on here gets their dream buck!

I don't own the deer but I dang sure own the land. I don't trespass on your land and I don't expect people to trespass on mine.

From the first thread - I almost unanimously think most folks on here wish you the best and don’t think they own the deer. For groups in general - I don’t know anyone who would care if any group obeyed laws and didn’t cross into ground they didn’t own.

So - to you- absolutely wish you the best.

My only issue with “cowboys” is guys who break laws and don’t stay on their land. Trespassing and shooting out of truck windows. That gives “cowboys” a bad name- the better name is “poachers”. I’m not a fan of gun drives, don’t do em on my land but I wish anyone the best that does do them. Obey the laws, be safe and I don’t think there’s any argument out there. Good luck!!

Went to the farm to sight in a new scope on a ML for late season. Didn't seen ANY hunters out and only heard a shot or two while sighting in.

Got home and got a call from a hunter hoping to look for a wounded deer tomorrow, shot on a border property. Plan on being out there at dawn to help look.

Slow today due to warm weather, is report I hear.

My son John shot a baldie this morning, 20 yard heart shot, DRT 30 yards away. So a nice clean kill and we had it field dressed about 30 minutes later...so it should eat! :)

His friend passed up a couple of opportunities this AM and then all of the deer they saw this evening were a little out of his comfort zone in terms of range, so he didn't shoot. Pretty weather, but not what you want when you are trying to kill deer. :) Dropped John's deer off at the locker in Washington, IA, on the way home and the locker owner said he had more deer come in today than ever before on opening day. I suspect that people were scoring via driving them, as there was not a lot of natural movement today, pretty subdued.

Top Bottom