Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Thinking about Paul

Jbohn

Ill be thinking about Paul tomorrow and all the knowledge he shared with me through Iowa Whitetail or over the phone. Very grateful and thankful. Paul changed the way I managed my farm and hunted gave me a whole different out look on Deer hunting and Land Management as a whole. Paul passed on November 30th every one should take a few minutes tomorrow to thank him. Wish I could of known him better. A legacy is what you leave behind.. Thank You Paul !! (Dbltree)

I second that. His contributions to this site were enormous. I didn't know him personally but he seemed like a great man. I hope he is smiling knowing that his work lives on though many of us.

Facebook memory reminders catch me up wth him from time to time as he used to cmment on my adventures as a stay at home dad.

His knowledge and passion reached way beyond the Midwest. Yes his thinking helped me a lot. Missed for sure. Thank you for the reminder.

I was hunting in a spot that Paul worked on for me on the morning that he passed, shot a nice buck early in the a.m. - then heard a short time later that he had passed, was a bit surreal.

Great man, mentor, friend and neighbor. Those shoes can never be filled. On just the topic of habitat- his legacy will live on for generations. It’s incredible how many acres he must have impacted for the better. The way he lived his life impacted many as well. Wonderful man - he is missed.

Every time on my way home I pass his cemetery. I turn the radio off and say a little something to him. He was a great man and led by example.

A single google search brought me to Paul on this site. Since then I've planted switch grass, conifers, apple & pear trees, clover plots, cereal grains, brassicas, various shrubs. All because of him, thank you.

Last edited:
Agree on the legacy. He made his way into my world the same as many. A google search on growing cereal grains. Found this forum and enjoyed many a night looking at his work and teaching. The passion for the land, the animals and the folks who were also engaged showed in every post.
Still enjoy the rereading of posts on his OutReach site. Would like to speak to some bean counter at Photobucket that has blocked the photos to his life work.

Top Bottom