Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Looking for local Taxidermist

Adventure

I shot a beautiful 170"+ buck on Sunday afternoon and I am looking for a local taxidermist. I am in the Quad Cities and am just looking for a euro mount (although I did have it caped just incase I wanted a full shoulder mount). Who does everyone use or who do you recommend. I would like to get it dropped off before the shotgun rush starts this weekend. If you want to see the deer you can go to The Process Outdoors on Facebook...it was posted on 11/26.

I know a good taxidermist just outside of calamus he does all my work and is very reasonable. if you are interested I can get you his number.

Very cool buck. Did you have any trail cam pics of this buck before the rut? I'd like to see how much body mass he lost chasing. He def looks on the thin side in the pics.

Very cool buck. Did you have any trail cam pics of this buck before the rut? I'd like to see how much body mass he lost chasing. He def looks on the thin side in the pics.

We actually have a quite a few trail camera pictures of him through out the year. You are right, he did loose some mass during the rut but the pictures also do no do justice. After he was shot he tumbled off a 7 ft cliff into a dried creek bed. It was hard to get him positioned well down there. I also had a fairly agreesive group of coyotes getting increasingly brave while I was trying to get pictures and gutting him... which meant I was trying to hurry a little. I am some of our pro-hunter friends would have done a much better job of stagging him and sitting behind him a few feet to add to his appearance.

Thank you.

• Deleted by Buckdown89
Show…
I have some trailcam pics of a buck that is very similar to the buck in your profile pic. I live north of davenport. Just curious if it might be the same deer. Let me know if you would liked to see. Chad

Top Bottom