Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

So what does everyone do these 2 days between shotgun 1 & shotgun 2?

Deer&Ducks

PMA Member
Since these are the only 2 days between Sept 16 & Jan 10 with no deer season open I was just kinda wondering what everyone else does to stay occupied? I usually try to get some bird hunting in but genuinely wondering what everyone else does? Trap? Put up Christmas lights??

Chase these.......

6f0fm1.jpg

2ppdhlh.jpg

I just got home from hunting deer in Nebraska so I need to spend it cleaning my garage for second season deer camp.

• Deleted by Sligh1
Show…
I have a question, I live in Illinois now, I used to live in Iowa, but never hunted there. Anyway, in Illinois bow season goes from Oct 1 to Jan 14th this year, and for the 1st time ever you can bow hunt during shotgun seasons as long as you wear blaze orange and have a shotgun tag. Before there was not bow hunting during the shotgun seasons. So by reading the posts from above, there is no deer hunting between the two gun seasons in Iowa? Just curious as to how other states do it. I find it very interesting that Pennsylvania you can't hunt on Sundays on private or public ground.

I have a question, I live in Illinois now, I used to live in Iowa, but never hunted there. Anyway, in Illinois bow season goes from Oct 1 to Jan 14th this year, and for the 1st time ever you can bow hunt during shotgun seasons as long as you wear blaze orange and have a shotgun tag. Before there was not bow hunting during the shotgun seasons. So by reading the posts from above, there is no deer hunting between the two gun seasons in Iowa? Just curious as to how other states do it. I find it very interesting that Pennsylvania you can't hunt on Sundays on private or public ground.
That is correct. You cannot bow hunt during the two shotgun seasons and there is 2 days (a thursday and friday) between the two seasons you cannot bowhunt. After the 2nd 9 day gun season it's game on for anyone holding a bow tag until Jan. 10th

Above is correct with the exception of urban zones in Iowa. Bow hunting is allowed there during the gun seasons since there is no gun hunting allowed.

Top Bottom