Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Euro Mount With Broken Main Beam??

DropTine_11

Found a nice deer on the property I hunt and wanted to euro him. Went to pull on his rack and the whole right side of his rack snapped off. Anyone try to euro a buck that you have to reattach the main beam? Or know of a taxidermist around central iowa that can reattach and euro mount the deer?

Did it pop off at the pedicle like it shed? If so any taxi should be able to re attach after the skull is cleaned.

Doesn't sound too challenging, whether it broke from the skull as in shedding, or actually broke the beam. First can be reattached and second can be repaired. Most any taxis that does deer can either do the job or recommend someone who does. Good luck!

Broke off just like a shed. My taxi said he wasn't able to reattach after it broke off. I'm thinking he was just swamped and didn't want to deal with it...

Broke off just like a shed. My taxi said he wasn't able to reattach after it broke off. I'm thinking he was just swamped and didn't want to deal with it...

Seriously??? o_O Some clear epoxy (add in a drill & couple short pieces of #9 wire for dowels if you want), and in 15 minutes it's reattached stronger than the original. Good grief, even I can do that! :rolleyes: Someone either lacks talent or honesty??? Keep shopping around. Good luck!

I have had multiple antlers, that were cut off for shipping, reattached for euro mounts and you can not tell what so ever that they were ever off. A call to another taxidermist or two should get you what you need. A couple on here regularly may be able to point you in the right direction or do it themselves.

Top Bottom