Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Kids ATV's

Wife and I are looking at getting our kids and ATV or 2. I know you can get the Chinese knock-offs pretty reasonable but just don't know if the quality is there but I am also not wild about buying kids a ATV that is more expensive than mine.

Anyone have any input?

Yeah I have been watching for used ones atv's, never thought of a small SxS. My kids are 12, 10, 6 so we will have several years of use.

We have an old polaris trail boss 250. It maxes out at about 35-40 on a good day and my oldest 2 (9 and 7) drive the crap out of that thing when I let them ride it. I wouldn't mind having a little 90 CC quad for the younger kids, but that 250 fits the 9 year old about perfect in my opinion. I'd say if you go with the small Chinese stuff, they'll outgrow it before you know what happened.

My mother in law bought my boys one of the cheap Chinese nock offs and from my experience I would stay away, a long was away, from them. Might be ok for others but ours was nothing but trouble. Ran really good for a few years after dropping a few hundred into it at a dealership. Had constant problems with the chain breaking, not idling right, lights pretty much fell off, and the worst you had to keep a battery tender on it or you would eat through batteries. Once it started having ignition problems it took a trip bye bye. I've been thinking about replacing it and looked at the mini razors last week actually. Pricy but kind of neat machines. I did not know this but if you disclose your kids age to the dealer they are only legally able to sell you a certain size based on the childs age.

Get a used Honda 4 wheeler and it will likely last until the kids move out and can buy their own...

No joke, my dad bought a 1990 Honda fourtrax in about 1998, and he still uses it almost daily...and he wouldn't sell it to me last year for the same price he paid for it around 20 years ago!

The little razrs are pretty cool and I really like the idea of a roll cage for the kids, but I haven't looked into what they cost used.

I have a 05 Polaris 250 trail blazer I'll sell you. It really hasn't been used all that much, but has some things that need attention. PM me if interested or want details.

Get a used Honda 4 wheeler and it will likely last until the kids move out and can buy their own...

No joke, my dad bought a 1990 Honda fourtrax in about 1998, and he still uses it almost daily...and he wouldn't sell it to me last year for the same price he paid for it around 20 years ago!

The little razrs are pretty cool and I really like the idea of a roll cage for the kids, but I haven't looked into what they cost used.
Probably never had the oil changed either, seems like every farmer has an old Honda 3 or 4 wheeler that just keeps on ticking with little to no maintenance.

Top Bottom