Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Anyone ever purchased blind windows from Deerviewwindows?

I bought six of the 3' for verticals in a blind I did last year. Half the cost of my entire built were those windows. They are very nice, not air tight (like a window with rubber gasket would be) but keeps water and bugs out just great. 100% dead quiet opening and closing and fold all the way back out of the way. When I first opened the package I thought, damn I could have made these. But for the time saving, well worth it. I ordered mine in the off season and I think it took 2 weeks from order to my door. I got the deluxe non-tinted

That being said, learning that I do not need all that 3' of that window opening for just a 7' platform elevation....my next build will use the cheap sliders from Menards when they're on sale. The windows are great no doubt but I would have been just fine with the cheap sliders

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I have three of the basic (horizontal) hinged and darkened ones in a homemade blind. They were worth every penny. Easy to install and work fine. I hinged them at the bottom so I can open them and let them swing down and not have to hold them up with a hook or anything for a shot. This is mainly a gun blind but I could shoot a bow from it if I needed to. It is on a trailer to make it portable, so it is basically at ground level. I would have vertical windows if it was an elevated bow set up.

Manor6x8.jpg

Keter® Manor 6' x 8' Shed

Model Number: 17197129 | Menards® SKU: 1932607
EVERYDAY LOW PRICE $489.00
SALE PRICE, Limited Time Offer $439

If anyone is interested, I bought this shed at Menards because it fit the trailer perfectly that I was using to build a portable blind set up. Popped 3 windows in, threw some OSB and cheap carpet on the floor, and some paint on the walls and it was done in one day. It is a two person build, but really very simple. It has three seasons under its belt and should have decades left in it. 8' long is more than needed but 6' wide is great for two chairs side by side.

Manor6x8.jpg

Keter® Manor 6' x 8' Shed

Model Number: 17197129 | Menards® SKU: 1932607
EVERYDAY LOW PRICE $489.00
SALE PRICE, Limited Time Offer $439

If anyone is interested, I bought this shed at Menards because it fit the trailer perfectly that I was using to build a portable blind set up. Popped 3 windows in, threw some OSB and cheap carpet on the floor, and some paint on the walls and it was done in one day. It is a two person build, but really very simple. It has three seasons under its belt and should have decades left in it. 8' long is more than needed but 6' wide is great for two chairs side by side.

Ha! I saw a very similar shed at Costco a few months ago and I thought about getting it and making a blind out of it, just like you did. I may do that yet this year.

So I have probably bought 3 dozen sliders over last few years from Menards . The 14x32 are now over $40. You finding cheaper ones? These guys under $29 fir 10x32 tinted glass with over 24 ordered.

Is that the basic hinged window? I remember the deluxe being over $50 for the 24" (I'm not sure the deluxe added too much other than keeping the weather out better). I haven't looked at Menards recently but I though $39 with sale then around $35.

Their basic hinged window. If you put weather strip around the window frame of the blind for a good seal, that seems like the way to go. Or they already come with that in the design. Cheap

The deer view are about the cheapest way but after 3 years mine are getting holes in them.The are flimsey and basically made from storm window frames with a little plastic hinge.There are several places that sell them including banks blinds and a couple places in texas

Is that the basic hinged window? I remember the deluxe being over $50 for the 24" (I'm not sure the deluxe added too much other than keeping the weather out better). I haven't looked at Menards recently but I though $39 with sale then around $35.

Their basic hinged window. If you put weather strip around the window frame of the blind for a good seal, that seems like the way to go. Or they already come with that in the design. Cheap

Yes just hinged window. Discount savings based in buying a LOT.

The deer view are about the cheapest way but after 3 years mine are getting holes in them.The are flimsey and basically made from storm window frames with a little plastic hinge.There are several places that sell them including banks blinds and a couple places in texas
Frames getting holes? Any more info?

The vinyl is getting a few holes .Don't know what caused it.You want to plan for the windows to be able to open back flat because they are so light they will actually move with the breeze.I also learned to open them once before expecting animals to come by as they stick to the weather stripping

The vinyl is getting a few holes .Don't know what caused it.You want to plan for the windows to be able to open back flat because they are so light they will actually move with the breeze.I also learned to open them once before expecting animals to come by as they stick to the weather stripping

Squirrels??

Comparing manufactured blinds vs building your own I can’t believe better windows from a box store and insulating it still has to be cheaper. Thoughts?

Comparing manufactured blinds vs building your own I can’t believe better windows from a box store and insulating it still has to be cheaper. Thoughts?
One issue is they don't make an "archery" compatible window that you can buy at box store. Either buy something like deer view or make own. Im talking the vertical windows like 10"x 30"

For gun I really like the 14x32 sliders at Menards. Can't beat a "real" window....

Plexiglass in treated lumber frames home made? Contacted a Redneck Blinds dealer for pricing today, ouch. I’m sure they’re very nice and good quality.

Top Bottom