Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Muck or Lacrosse or ??

muddy

My Mucks picked a fight with rusty metal and lost... what's the options for warm comfy rubber boots these days?

I get Muck Arctic pros for cheap so that's why I get them and abuse them. My buddy got the heavier Lacrosse Aeroheads and said he liked them better than his Muck Wetlands.

I like Mucks for Warmth , I use lacrosse for Turkey they fit me better for hiking around..

I picked up a pair of LaCrosse, un-insulated muck style boots for warm to early season hunts. Honestly I like the old school rubber boots better than the Neoprene style. Snagged mine on some barbed wire and it almost ripped a hole completely through; they also pick up burrs which annoys me that I have one more thing to de-burr. When it comes to warmth and rubber I like the LaCrosse 1000+ gram alpha burly insulated stuff. I did see that Scheels has some LaCrosse Aerohead boots for like $60 bucks, which is hard to pass up right now if they have your size.

I like mucks...alot! They are the only rubber boots I've ever owned that didn't have a hole torn in them within the first year. However, two potential negatives I see would be 1) If you have arch problems in your feet, you'd probably want something with a little more support in that area. And 2) It really takes 2 pair of mucks to cover most of the season...but that's probably true with other brands of boots as well. Both pair of mucks I have are going on 8-9 years, but are now due to be replaced. A little spendy, but I'm going right back with the same thing...Fieldblazer and Woody Max.

Used to be all muck Boots, but the insides didn't stand up. Switched to Lacrosse and love them. Had Aeroheads which were great and the front rubber saved me from barbed wire 100 times. Last pair of muck wetlands I had got a cedar branch thru the front day 2. The aeroheads did develop a leak in the back where the rubber and neoprene meet. Went to the alpha burly series and they are great. Top notch traction, durability and comfort I'm my experience

I run both. Lacrosse Alpha Burly 800's most of the time and Muck Arctic Pro when it gets colder. Both have been great.
4 seasons on the Mucks. Just got a new pair of AB 800's this year but my old ones were 3 years old.

I think I am on year 4 with my Lacrosse Boots and no complaints... not a fan of the Mucks for many reasons...Best boots I ever actually had were a Cabelas brand that no longer is available, 2 sets (insulated and non) are 8 years old, still dont leak..

I think they are both good boots. Have an original pair of mucks I bought 8 years ago and they finally sprouted a whole. Those have been used and abused thru turkey waterfowl the last 5 years.

I had a pair or attic Pros that are exclusively deer boots and they are on year 2 and look new still. If you hold out I think Muck has the 50% off deal in about a month, at least they did the last 2 years

Mucks suck. I have the Arctic pros. That being said I've yet to find a boot that can keep my feet warm.

Mucks for sure. Switched from Lacross to Mucks years ago and love them. The woody max are nice but the neoprene uppers can get torn up in briers but still last a long time. I have since been wearing the Muck Woody Armor which are rubber all they way for the past 10 years and they are holding up well even with my year round abuse at times. Looks like they have another name for them now.

Muck® Men's Woody Blaze Rubber Snake Boots
  • Snakeproof construction keeps you safe
  • Speed-Tracker molded-rubber outsoles
  • Molded EVA midsoles
  • Breathable Xpress Cool linings
  • CR flex-foam booties
Hunt in comfort and safety through the whole season with Muck's Men's Woody Blaze Rubber Snake Boots. Covering the entire exterior of the boots, snakeproof rubber protects against penetrating fangs while retaining its waterproof integrity. Extremely aggressive Speed-Tracker™ molded-rubber outsoles team with molded EVA midsoles for outstanding support and traction on any terrain. Breathable Xpress Cool™ linings and stretch-fit tops that snug the boots to your calves. Seamless easy-to-clean overlays, added toe protection, instep protectors and additional Achilles overlay protection. CR 4mm flex-foam booties with four-way-stretch nylon are snag-resistant and waterproof. Active comfort range: -20°F to 70°F

Mucks are good at making your feet warm for about the first hour after that be prepared to freeze. They are dry though through water year after year. Lacrosse Aerohead 3.5mm were on sale at Des Moines scheels for 59 bucks on Wednesday FYI .

Top Bottom