Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Percentage Holding

Rutty

Heading down tomorrow to pull trail camera cards and to do a little shed hunting. What percentage are you guys seeing that are still holding on your farms?

Heading down tomorrow to pull trail camera cards and to do a little shed hunting. What percentage are you guys seeing that are still holding on your farms?
All the deer that were in my timber have moved to larger close timbers. It did not help when the boys from the city drove all the way along side of mu timber to get to a small patch that they lease that is only a 6 acre patch, and park their trucks 25 yards or less from their tree stands. The neighbor is leasing the ground to them at $1000 a head, and of the 180 acres of ground it only has the 6 acres of timber close to a half mile from the closes road. The deer moved to the other neighbors timber that dose not let hunting on his farm. His deer heard has increased by over 100 %. The other afternoon late I counted 42 in a field next to his timber. I do not think that the city boy ever got a shot at anything, other than the target sighting they did the two days before deer season, right where they parking and were going to hunt. Before that I was getting pictures of close to 20 deer in the plots that I have.

Last Tues I saw 4 still carrying, Sunday night 3, and last night 1. I've been putting off going because of this and its driving me nuts.

Loaded question. Lots of variability from farm to farm. I’d say 40-50% still holding, but bucks seem to be dropping daily. Clarke county for me.

Top Bottom